Chapter 11 - First Kiss

Tiffany's PoV

"Tiffany, what do you think of this project? You've been keeping your thoughts to yourself since we started discussing it. It would mean something if you could say something." Today my father had brought his friend to join us for breakfast. The moment I saw that man, I knew something was up.

And I was right.

"How much is the budget for this project?" I asked.

"Let's say, a hundred million? Would you be able to accept the such project?" A hundred million for a luxury resort? Hunny, the cost wouldn't be able to pay for the whole building. And from what I can read from the proposal, this man would be a lunatic if he thought I would accept his project just because he's close to my father.

"Your budget will never go through. If you're thinking of making a luxury resort, you need to look through the proposal again. From what I can see, the project is a sure fail." I placed the proposal on the table before cutting my waffles to bite pieces.

"Tiff, what do you mean?" My father hasn't read the proposal yet.

"Your friend wishes to build the resort using gold beams. I'm not sure if he did his research for the price of gold nowadays a pretty high. And to get the artisans to build it is another thing. From the beam alone, it'll cost him a fortune. I understand that everyone has a dream, but they are too excessive. The project is ridiculous. Unless your friend could provide more than a hundred million, this project is a no-go." I can see how frustrated my father's friend is.

I'm just stating the fact.

"I see. It's alright, James; perhaps what I dream of is far from reality." Yes, it is. I look at the time, and it's almost time for my second meeting.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go. Also, this is just a reminder your project is quite an interesting one. But perhaps you should cut costs and eliminate the ridiculous vision you have in the proposal. After you've done so, then we can talk again. Excuse me." I smiled at my father's friend before leaving the table.

I was on my way towards my car when I noticed someone familiar. Isn't that Liliana's ex? And that person he's talking to is someone I am acquainted with. I wonder what they're talking about. It seems important. Should I make myself known?

Maybe I shouldn't.

A FEW HOURS LATER,

"When I said I never went clubbing, I didn't mean I wanted to go to a club. Where are we?" Liliana asked as she grabbed my hand while we walked through the packed dance floor.

"Come on. You're always working and not playing. Let's have fun for a change." Liliana seems to be confused about what happened, but I'm sure she's going to be happy once she gets used to it.

"I prefer eating dinner at a restaurant rather than being here, though. Clubbing is not my forte." I laughed.

"It's not anybody's forte. Just have fun. Now, have you had any alcohol before?" Lilian gave me a look.

"Of course I did." I grabbed two drinks from one waitress and gave one to Lilliana. Something tells me that the doctor had never had parties before.

"Is this your first time partying in a crowded club?" Lilliana nodded her head.

"I think I mentioned it before we entered the club. What's wrong? You look like your body is here but not your mind." Really? Do I look like that?

"I went to see my father's friend this morning, and then I have to deal with some legal matters. You can say that I am beat." Liliana gave me a look.