Chapter 36 - Stay with me

Third Person PoV

"That bitch survive?!"

George threw all the books on the table after discovering Liliana had survived the accident. He couldn't believe what he saw on the news because he saw how badly Liliana bled on the asphalt.

"George? What happened? Are you hurt, sweetheart?"

George ignores the call from his mother as he thinks of another way to finish the job. He knows that if he waits even a moment longer, Liliana will wake up and tell Tiffany everything that happened that day. George called an old friend and asked which hospital Liliana was admitted to.

After discovering his needed information, he went out without telling his mother. George was driving around town as he found a way to end Liliana's life. He made sure to dispose of the car he used to hit Liliana before the police could track it down.

"Isn't that Janet?"

George smirked before he parked his car at the lot and went inside the store where Janet was. He looks for Janet on every aisle before finally finding her putting groceries in her basket.

"Well, hello, Janet. Fancy seeing you here."

Janet ignored George as she continued to shop for groceries.

"I heard that your sister got into an accident. It was all over the news. How is she?"

Janet almost loses her cool as she faces George.

"And why do you care? Have you ever once cared about my sister when you two were together? Don't think that I don't know that you've been telling my sister to give all the credit for her research to you. I always thought you were too good to be true, George. Now, please- let me shop in peace."

Janet was about to leave when George grabbed a hold of her wrist.

"Hey, Janet- maybe you should fix your damn ways of talking to someone. Don't be rude."

Janet looked down at her wrist and asked,

"Is that a threat?"

George sighed before he let go of Janet's wrist and shook his head. Janet glared at George before turning her back to him. George watched as Janet disappeared from his sight.

"Don't challenge me."

Later that day,

Tiffany watched Liliana lie on the bed, as she hadn't regained consciousness yet. Even the doctor doesn't know why Liliana hasn't regained consciousness yet. If Tiffany were alone, she would have yelled at the doctor for incompetence.

"Any progress?"

Tiffany's mother, Reina, asked when she arrived at the ward. She placed her handbag on the table before she sat on the chair next to Liliana's bed.

"No progress. Even the doctor doesn't know why she's still unconscious. Should we transfer her to our hospital instead?"

Reina smiled at her daughter, who was worried sick about her fiancée.

"Tiff, relax. Maybe Likiana is taking some time to recuperate. Don't worry too much. Also, wouldn't it be harder for Liliana if we transfer her now? Let's wait and perhaps ask for another opinion. There's no need to restrain her body even more."

Tiffany sighed. No words could describe how worried she is.

"I'm sorry. I can't think straight since Lily is in such a situation. Any news about the person who hurt her?"

Reina shakes her head no.

"Your father is doing what she can to find the person who drove the car. The police manage to get their hands on the camera in the area, but the car has no license plate."