Arc One - Involved

Zhou Zishu was uninterestingly staring at the body. It was nothing new for him; in fact, he had seen worse in his life.
He suddenly felt Wen Kexing elbowing him "Let's leave, or does my saint Zhou want to get involved in this?" He said it in a whisper.

From Wen Kexing's smily face, he moved his gaze to see Zhang Chengling, who was shivering like a leaf. He reached out to grab him by the collar and started to leave.

Zhou Zishu was sure. In this world where people are busy pretending to be heroes, someone would come to save them. There's no need to get involved, and he had much better things to do.

Just when they were leaving, people started to look for them.
"Cultivators! Cultivators! Only you can save us from this."

"Look what you've gotten us into!" Zhou Zishu whispered.

"Don't be like this; it's not like I was the only one who enjoyed free stuff."

"Okay, now get us out of this"

"Have faith in me, Ah-xu!"

"Don't do anything stupid."

"I won't"
With that, Wen Kexing cleared his throat and fixed his posture.

"My dear villagers! We lied; we don't know anything, so... bye!"

"What th-"

"Are you really leaving?"
A voice made them stop; it was of Mei; she was frightened, and her eyes were begging for help.

"Please save our village"
It's true, they wanted to leave, but how well they got treated and this little girl was really kind to them too
Zhou Zishu knew there was no going around so moved forward and spoke firmly.

"We are not sure if Liu's soul is freed or if someone is just copying her; We must take out the cist to see if madam Jiayi's body is in place or not, there is a possibility that dagger is not in the place it was."

"Yes, yes! Take it out!" A man in his late 40s instructed other people.

"When I first met you you sold yourself for two silvers now you sold yourself for a handful of nuts what a saint person my spouse is!"

Zhou Zishu didn't have any comeback so he remained silent.

"There's no cist!"

"Hmm! The cist was made of gold and the dagger she used was made of gemstones it must be grave diggers." Zhou zishu spoke softly

"Then what about the body of madam Jiayi?"

"Either they've thrown her body in this lake or took it with them."

"Took it?? Why would they take a body?"

Wen Kexing and Zhou Zishu turned to each other.
with a gentle sigh Wen Kexing says "why take the body you ask? Madam Jiayi was a cultivator who had locked an evil soul inside her, maybe they wanted to control the soul, but failed miserably that's how that man ended up like that"

"Please sir, please help us, we have kids what if that witch comes after us?"

"Relax, we'll take care of this."
.
.
.
.
.

Zhou Zishu and Wen Kexing were both in the room when they heard a gentle knock on their door.
Zhou Zishu opened the door to find Zhang Chengling nerve-wracking out there.

"What happened?"

"Shifu, I'm scared."

Zhou Zishu's brow furrowed but he couldn't ignore the fact that there was actually a witch wandering around.

"Come inside."

"Is he going to sleep here?" Wen Kexing raised his eyebrows.

"Senior I..."

"Ah-Xu what about our privacy?"

"Shut up"

"I... I'll sleep on the floor and I won't disturb."

"No no no you don't understand you must sleep in your room."

"Stop being childish" Zhou Zishu interrupted.

Wen Kexing rumbled through his clothes and took out a talisman
"Little Tyke, take it, this talisman won't let any ghosts come around you."

Zhang chengling took it and kept it safe inside his robe.

"Now go to your room "

"Shifu!"

Zhou Zishu's head throbbed.

"Let him sleep here and you should go look for that Witch Valley Master since you got us involved."

"What! Ah-Xu"

And then Wen Kexing got kicked out of the room.

After confirming that Zhang Chengling is completely asleep, he opened the window to go to the rooftop only to find Valley Master drinking an expensive wine.

"Ah! Spending a night with my beloved in the moonlight with a witch chasing around, so romantic."

Zhou Zishu took his wine away and sat beside him.

"Why didn't you go to sleep?"

"It's your fault I'm unable to sleep without you."

"Rubbish."

The moonlight fell on Zhou Zishu's face, giving his face a beautiful counter, he was slowly swirling the wine before taking little sips.
Wen Kexing watched him for a while.

"Ah-Xu"

"Hmm"

"I'll protect you"

Zhou Zishu scoffed "I'm not weak. I WILL PROTECT YOU."

"Why are you always so competitive I said I'll protect you."

"No, I will.."

"Shhhhh- did you hear that?"

The two went inside the jungle just to find a lady scratching her face and dancing simultaneously.

"She's possessed, we shouldn't get too close." Wen Kexing whispered.

"I think she's one of the grave diggers."

"We should find a dagger first without it we can't trap her soul. If she realizes we saw her, she would leave that body to possess someone else."

"Can't we take her soul out? You have lived in the ghost valley for so long don't you have any ideas?"

"Ah-Xu you know why people act crazily when they get possessed?"

Zhou Zishu looked at him.

"When a soul possesses someone it crushes the victim's soul gaining the forced control of the person's body. The victim's soul tries to fight against that results in a person's unusual behaviour.
The woman you see there had got more than half of her soul consumed she is dead but she's still alive."

Zhou Zishu started to get nervous.

"Don't worry Ah-Xu consuming someone's soul takes time looking at her I can say it will take at least 2 days for Liu to completely take over her body. We should look for the dagger."

"Let's take Chengling with us or he'd cry like a little girl"  Zhou Zishu spoke in a low voice.

Wen Kexing smiled "You can just say you are worried about him."

"Whatever"

______________________

Hello everyone!
Hope you all are having a great day/night.

I'll be back with a new chapter soon till then take care 💕