Arc One - Liu

They were all exhausted when they arrived at the tavern. As time passed, Zhou Zishu, who was lying on the bed, nudged Wen Kexing, who was drowsy and only said "Hmm..."

"I'm going to see Liu."

"Now?"

"Hmm.. she told me to meet her."

.
.
.
.
.

Zhou Zishu took a deep breath and smiled as he moved his hand to knock on the door.

Liu didn't take long to open the door. She raised her brows at Zhou Zishu before smirking, "I see your senior is a bit aggressive." She then turned around and went inside.

Zhou Zishu didn't understand what she was saying at first, but he soon realised how his lips looked after all that biting and sucking. 'Damn you, Wen Kexing!' He thought his face had turned bright red with embarrassment.

She laughed as she looked at his face. "Come inside. I've prepared a gift for you."

'A gift?' He tilted his head at this. He began analysing the area as soon as he walked in, thinking, 'This room doesn't look suspicious.'

"What do you think about it?"
When Zhou Zishu turned to her, he froze for a fraction of a second. There, Liu was dragging the body of Mei's uncle. retaining his composure "Is he dead?" he inquired calmly.

Liu tossed the body to the side. "Not yet," she said with a smile. "I assumed you wanted to kill him."
Zhou Zishu softly nodded. "Let's wait until he wakes up; I want to see the fear on his face."

"Okay," she said as she instructed Zhou Zishu to sit down, putting a cup in front of him while she poured the tea into her cup too.
She brought it to taste it. "Hmm... it's really good."

Zhou Zishu didn't find anything unusual in the tea, so he took a sip as well.

"Your senior... Where's he from?" She asked it calmly, but it was clear from her expression that she was wary of him.

"Huh? Why is Madam Liu asking this?"

"Something is wrong with him."

"There are a lot of things I don't know about Senior." He paused before continuing. "What are you planning to do from now on?"

She quietly stared at her reflection inside the cup before stating, "I want to kill everyone." She smiled and said, "Look what I have become because of them."

"I dare to suggest that Madam Liu put an end to your vengeance."

Her fingers swerving around the cup came to a halt. She raised her gaze to the person in front of her.
"You're trying to preach, me now that you've gotten what you wanted and everything is going well for you?"

"I'm saying this for you. What's the point of living like this?"

"Living like this? What a hypocrite you are, I must say!  I helped you because you are like me—no one loved us; everyone just made our lives hell, and now look at you—how did you change so fast?"

Her grip on the cup tightened as she looked at Zhou Zishu. "Or should I say you didn't change because you are not her?" With this, she threw the cup at Zhou Zishu, who tilted his head slightly to dodge it. The cup smashed against the wall behind him. Abruptly, she reached out to grab him by the throat.

Zhou Zishu didn't bother at all; he calmly brought his hands up to take a sip from the cup.
Her hands started to burn as it got nearer to Zhou Zishu. Feeling the pain, she retracted. 'He's alive; how?' She turned to the window and dashed to escape, but soon she felt a similar burning sensation in her feet as she was about to go out.