Part 4

***

Ignoring the glares from Fluke's dad was a bit of a challenge. It got me scared a little. I really understood why he was like that. However, my eagerness to be with Fluke and get to know him better overpowered my fear of his dad's glares. 

In the end, his dad agreed for me to visit them. Maybe he saw how I treated Fluke the whole time we were at the camp. I just hoped he noticed how sincere I was in making Fluke happy.

I scheduled my visit right away after I had his dad's permission. I couldn't waste any time, you know. 

When they told me they lived on a farm, I never expected it to be this big. I was standing on the porch of a very huge farmhouse, which made me so small,  waiting for someone to open the door.

I smiled brightly as soon as I saw Fluke open the door. 

"Hi!" He greeted me with a big smile. "Welcome to our home."

I went near him and hugged him. "I missed you."

He chuckled as he let go of our hug. "It's only been two days, Ohm."

"And, so?"

He smiled at me beautifully and said, "Well. . . I missed you, too."

I couldn't control my happiness anymore and engulfed him in another hug. I was cherishing the moment I had him in my arms when someone cleared his throat. 

I saw his dad at the door glaring at me. Here we go again! 

"Uhm. . . Good morning, Sir." I greeted the man as I let go of Fluke. 

"You're early." 

"Yes, Sir.  . . I planned to come early so I could have more time with Fluke." I  said and looked at the man beside me.

"Uh. . . Well, that's good then. We can start working early."

"Dad!" Fluke exclaimed.

"Why? I just need a hand to finish some stuff." He said raising his eyebrow at Fluke. Then he looked at me. "You don't mind helping an old man here, right, Ohm?"

"Oh. . . Yeah. . . I don't. I. . . I'd. . . I'd love to help you, Sir." I answered. Actually, I didn't have any choice at that time. I wouldn't dare make a bad impression on my future in-law, right? I wanted to make him like me for his son. 

"Good, then. Let's have breakfast first, and we're gonna clean the stables."

"Dad. . ." Fluke started, but I stopped him.

"Yes, Sir." I smiled at Fluke to assure him that I was okay with everything his dad would say.

***

To say that I was tired was an understatement. I was extremely exhausted. I got a chance to sit down when one of the farm helpers told me to take a rest when Fluke's dad went to check the repairs of one of the barns.

"Here, Boy." One of the middle-aged men, Oscar, gave me a bottle of cold water. "Tired?" He smirked and sat across mine. I nodded my head in reply and chugged down the water he gave me. "It's just your first day here. Do you still want to continue?"

"Huh? Of course. I will finish what Sir Frank asked me to do." I answered.

"That's not what I meant." I gave him a confused look and he just smiled at me. "This will be a regular for you if you continue to stick around our Fluke." He said and looked away. "If you can't do it, just leave."