Part 8

***

I helped him stand up as we decided to tell our family about our decision to get married.
As soon as I opened the door, we were welcomed by my mom's teary eyes, my sister's bright smile, and our dads' proud faces.

"And what are you all doing here?"

"We were all looking for you sons." Dad said, "your mom panicked when Fluke didn't return right away. He said he was just going to the washroom."

Fluke got shy and hid behind my arm, "I'm sorry."

"No, sweetheart. It's okay." Mom said and held his hand. "Thank you. Thank you for making my son happy."

"Mom?"

"We heard it, Ohm. We heard everything. I'm so happy for the both of you. We're gonna be a real family now."

"Thank you for accepting me. Even though I am. . ."

"Shhh. . ." Mom shushed him and smile. "Don't say that, Fluke. We don't care if you're still battling for your life. We can all fight for it. We are all here for you. Okay?"

Fluke was already crying so mom held him in her arms and caressed his head. It was a scene to be remembered. I knew he missed his mom but he had my mom now.

Mom let go of him and brushed the tears from his cheeks. Then she looked at me and hit my arm.

"Ouch! Mom! What was that for?" 

She held Fluke's hand up and showed it to me. "Where's the ring?" I smiled shyly and scratched the back of my neck. She groaned and said, "Pine, would you mind getting my purse please?" My sister ran immediately and came back in a flash. Mom took a ring from the inside pocket of her purse, "Here. It was my wedding band when your Dad and I got married. It doesn't fit my finger anymore since I gained weight, I think it will fit you, Fluke." She smiled and held it to me. "Do your part, Ohm."

I took the ring and held Fluke's hand to put the ring on his finger. It fit perfectly like it was really meant for him. I held it to my lips and kissed it. "I love you, Baby."

He sniffed a little and looked at me, "I love you, too." Then hugged me.

"Enough with the tears." Fluke's dad said. "This is great news, and we shouldn't be crying here." He said. I noticed his eyes were wet, too. "Ohm, I'm giving you my blessing. But remember what I told you before. Don't hurt my son or else. . ."

"Don't worry, Frank. I will deal with that man if he hurt our Fluke." My dad interrupted him and smirked at me. 

See? In just a short period, they loved Fluke more than me, and I was actually very happy to have a very supportive family. "Don't worry, Dad. I am only here to love your son." I told Fluke's Dad. "And Dad, I am your son, you know that I am not that kind of person. I won't hurt my Baby."

Both men nodded their heads and smiled. 

"P' Fluke, are you sure about this? You still have time to back out. Don't marry my brother. I can be. . ."

"Pine!" I said and glared at her. She pursed her lips and hid behind Dad. 

"Baby! Don't scare your sister." Fluke said and looked at her. "I'm sorry, Pine. But no backing out here." He added and looked at me, " Your brother is the one for me." 

My heart melted at that. I love how we both knew what we wanted. I remembered when I asked him to be my boyfriend, he said he was scared. Now, he showed me that we were both decided to spend our lives together. I was the luckiest to have him.