Epilogue

***

"Give it up for Ohm, everyone!" I heard Boun said as soon as I finished my song.

It was my anniversary concert, and I decided to make it a fundraising event for our foundation. 

A year after Fluke had a recurrence, we established a foundation that helps cancer patients seeking medical help, especially kids.

During that time Fluke was regularly visiting the hospital and doing some tests, we met quite a few patients who needed financial support for their therapy. 

We couldn't help but feel bad whenever we heard the news that some kids had to stop or delay their therapy because their families were short of funds. Skipping therapy sessions could set a child's healing back and hinder their progress toward recovery. That was what we didn't want to happen. We already got really close with the kids and all we wanted was to see them better, so we decided to put up a foundation to help them.

"That was amazing, Ohm," Boun said and the audience didn't stop applauding. "Have a seat." He motioned to the chair prepared by the staff, "I know you're tired. Take a rest for a while as we talk."

"Thank you, everyone!" I said and wai-ed to the audience and another round of applause was heard. 

"So, guys, as you know this concert is a fundraising event, and all the profits will go to Hope Foundation."

"Yes, that's true," I said.

"For those who don't know, Hope Foundation was founded by Ohm and Fluke," Boun stated. "But before we continue, why don't we call Fluke over?"

My eyes got wider and I stood up immediately which made everyone laugh at my actions. I was actually surprised because Fluke didn't like to be out in public. Even though he always went with me at work, he preferred staying in my waiting room, so he wouldn't be in a way. He told me that he didn't want to be the cause of the delay or something. Since I knew he wouldn't like to be in the spotlight, I didn't ask him to make an appearance on stage with me.

To say that I was surprised was an understatement. I really didn't expect that he would come out on stage. I ran to Fluke as soon as I saw him. 

I rushed over to him and he gave me the bouquet he was holding and I yelled at Boun, "Yah, Boun! Why did I not know about this?" I heard him chuckle.  

"It was his idea. He said he wanted to surprise you." Boun replied. I held Fluke's arm as I helped him on a chair. Then another staff brought another chair for me. The staff took the bouquet and put it on another chair. "Right, Fluke?" Fluke just nodded and smiled at me. "Fluke, why don't you say hello to everyone, first?"

Fluke looked at me as I gave him a microphone. "Hello, everyone. I'm Fluke. Nice to see you all. I hope you are enjoying the concert." He said shyly but smiled brightly.

"By the way, I know some of you know who Fluke is." I started. "But I can still see some confused faces here. . .Uhm. . ." I looked at Fluke and smiled at him. I held his hand and heard some screams so we both laughed, but didn't let go of each other's hands. "Everyone, Fluke is my husband. The love of my life." I held his hand to my lips and gave it a kiss which made people around us scream in glee. 

I saw Boun signaled for everyone to stop, but it still took a while for it to happen. I guessed most of them were really surprised and hopefully happy for us. 

"Okay, everyone. . ." Boun raised his hand to motion the audience to sit down because some of them were standing. "Since some of you knew this just now, why don't we get to know the story of this couple? You like that?" Boun asked and the audience replied with the loudest yes. Boun laughed. "Okay. I will give you a few facts about them. You like that?" He asked the audience and they became even more thrilled. "Okay. . . Okay. . . First, trivia. Ohm and Fluke got married just a few weeks after they met each other. I knew about this story, but I didn't know the full details before they got married." Loud gasps were heard immediately after that. "Ohm. . . Why don't you tell them how you first met."