Part 11

***

"What the hell, Boun?" I yelled. 

I brought Boun home with me after our work was done. He was actually very excited to meet my Fluke that he couldn't stop talking on the way here. I didn't mind him at all. I actually found it amusing that he was that enthusiastic about meeting Fluke and I was glad that he felt like that. 

However, as soon as we arrived, he walked past me, greeted Fluke first, and hugged him. My anger went overboard and pulled him away from my baby. 

"Stay away from my baby," I said as I wrapped my arms around Fluke. 

"Can I not hug my lil brother?" Boun asked.

"You can't," I said firmly and hugged Fluke even more.

"Baby," Fluke said as he tapped my arm. I leaned back a little to see him. "You're being too possessive." 

I pouted at what he said. Well. . . yes, I was. But whenever I saw someone hugging him, I snapped out of my wits.

"Holy shit! Stop pouting, Dude." Boun suddenly said and laughed, "You look like a fish." 

I glared at him to stop him, but Fluke held my face so I could look at him. "No, you don't look like one." He said and smiled sweetly. "Hmm. .  . And if you do, you will be the most handsome fish out there."

My mood started to brighten and forgot everything around us. I only looked at my husband and leaned for a kiss, but of course, I was stopped again by Boun. That man was really annoying.

"Uhm. . . Excuse me, you two? In case you forgot, I'll remind you that I am still here. You know? Me? Boun here. . . You can't just ignore my handsome face. . ."

"Will you please stop?" I reprimanded.

"Baby. . ." Fluke called and gave me a look. I just sighed in defeat and nodded. "Good." He said and gave me a peck on the lips which made me smile from ear to ear. Then he looked at Boun to formally greet him. "Hi, P' Boun. Welcome to our home."

"Nice home, Lil Bro,"  Boun said looking around. 

"Make yourself at home, Big Bro," Fluke chuckled. 

"Yes! So you are accepting me as your brother now? I promise to be a good big brother to you."

"Promise, huh? I'll count on you." 

"Of course. See, Ohm? Better be good to me, too." 

I glared at him again, then focus my attention on my husband. "Baby, have you taken your meds?"

He shook his head and said, "I was about to get them, but you arrived."

"Okay. Stay here. I'll get them for you."

The two of them were already in the living room talking non-stop and laughing their hearts out when I came back.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked curiously. "Here, Baby. Take your meds now." I sat next to him and handed him the medicine and water.

He took it with Boun curiously looking and asked, "Are you sick?"

Fluke smiled and nodded. "Cancer. It's Hodgkin lymphoma." I held Fluke's hand to let him know that I was just there for him. Even though he was very positive about everything, I knew this topic still made him feel bad. He smiled at me and said, "It's okay, Baby. I'm okay with it."

"Fluke, it's okay, you don't need to tell me about it. I'm sorry if I asked." Boun said guiltily.

"It's okay, P' Boun. . . You are my husband's best friend and he trusts you. I know I can also count on you. You also have the right to know. . . [1] Lymphoma is a general term for cancers that start in the lymph system, the tissues and organs that produce, store, and carry white blood cells that fight infections. There are two kinds of Lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma, and Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Mine is Hodgkin lymphoma. Unlike most cancers, rates of Hodgkin lymphoma are highest among teens and young adults ages 15 to 39 years. I was 21 when I was diagnosed."