Part 14

***

"Baby. . ." Fluke called as he entered our room. 

I was sitting on our bed while reviewing the concept plan for the music video I would star in. I put it down and opened my arms signaling him to come. He sat on my lap and I wrapped my arms around his waist. 

"What's wrong?" I asked as soon as he leaned his head on my shoulder. 

"I can't go with you on the first day of shoot." He answered softly.

I pushed him a little so I could look at him. "Huh? Why? I thought we'd already talked about it."

"I know. And I also promised you that I would be with you. . . But I forgot my doctor's appointment." He explained. "Don't worry, Baby. I will be with you as soon as I'm done."

"How could you forget an important appointment like that, Baby?" I said and brushed a few strands of his hair off his forehead. "I could've rescheduled my work so I can be with you."

"It really slipped my mind. Really." He said with a raised right hand. I smiled at his cuteness. 

"Whose gonna be with you there?" I asked and caressed his arms. "I heard Daddy will be out of the country tomorrow and won't be back until the weekend. Mom and Dad have a board meeting to attend. Pine won't be able to go with you due to her school." He was about to say something, but I continued, "You cannot go there alone, Baby. I don't want you to go there by yourself." 

"But I can do it, Baby." 

"No," I said firmly. "You have to have at least someone to go there, please. . . I won't be at ease if you go there alone."

He nodded slowly and said, "Maybe I can ask Uncle Frank and Aunt Lily to go there?"

"Yeah. . . I'll talk to Uncle Frank tomorrow. I'll ask him to send you to the shooting location, too, after your check-up." He nodded again and smiled, "And please, Baby. . . Promise me to inform me about your check-up schedules. I have to put them on my calendar, too. I am not tied up with any company now, so I can accept work based on my availability. I don't want to miss any of your check-ups. I have to be with you, do you understand?"

"Yes, Baby. I'm really sorry about this. It really slipped out of my mind. I just remembered it when Daddy asked me this morning."

I held his face and pecked his lips. "We will get through this together, Baby. I will always be here for you." Then I kissed him again. He then leaned his head on my shoulder as I hugged him closer. "Are you nervous?"

"Honestly? I am. I always get nervous whenever I have a check-up. Especially now that I have you. I don't want to leave you behind." He lifted his head again to look at me. "What if after the check up. . . uhm. . . What if my cancer comes back? I know. . . sometimes even after cancer treatment, cancer comes back or returns. . . My doctors told me that. . . I also made a research on my own, it can happen weeks, months, or even years after the original cancer was treated. We cannot know for sure if cancer will come back after your treatment ends. . . Baby, the last time we checked I was cleared, but what if something happened during the months between my last check up to now?" He explained continuously.

"Baby, nothing's gonna happen to you. Everything will be okay. You've been doing everything, you eat healthily, and you're taking your medicines. We are all doing our best for you to get through this, hmm?" I hugged him tight and continued, "I am here with you. Daddy, Dad, Mom, and Pine. . . Even Boun and Prem are all here for you. We are all here to fight with you. You don't have to worry about it." I caressed his back as he hugged me back and nodded.