Nine

June 24th, 2022

June 24th, 2022

hey it's cassie. i'm sorry. i had a really great time.
Read 4:28am

thank you again. for being there for me. i know we've had a hard time seeing eye to eye so it meant a lot.
Read 11:56am

listen, i'm sorry about what happened. can we talk?
                                                              Read 2:30pm

Harry is ignoring me.

If I knew where he lived I would be at his house after work pounding on the door just like he did to me. I've contemplated calling Zayn to get his address from him.

Zayn and I talked briefly. I just texted him to let him know I was okay and I appreciated his concern. We kind of left things in a limbo state, and for now that's fine. I don't think we were very compatible anyway. We're a lot alike with big personalities and sometimes I felt like we were having a competition. He's checked on me a few more times since and I do appreciate the thought.

The silence from Harry is just so frustrating. It's clear I've crossed a boundary and I realize now I shouldn't have assumed anything with him but I really had good intentions. If he would just talk to me I could explain and apologize more genuinely. At this point, I would even take him just telling me to fuck off. At least it wouldn't be silence.

I just got so caught up in the emotions of everything yesterday. I haven't had someone show up for me like that in a long time. I started to consider him a friend and I just couldn't contain myself after the amazing afternoon we had. He was so caring and thoughtful, and I appreciated that he took the time to really see me. I really felt like the universe kept bringing him to me when I need someone the most.

He's not exactly hard on the eyes either.

God, he is a dream. I would never admit that out loud. But seeing the way his hair fell down in wisps, soaking and dripping onto his broad shoulders with his shirt clung to his body, his eyes looking so green and his eyelashes dripping water onto his cheeks as he stared down at me, calling out my name for me to stop was enough for me to contemplate the existence of god.

I have no right to think like that though. Those thoughts will stay locked up in a vault in the very back of my brain for the rest of eternity. All I want now is to repair our friendship and move on.

I sigh, staring at the texts on my phone still before deciding to head back inside from my "smoke" break at work, knowing we still had another hour until we close and I have another two hours before I can leave. I push off the wall and open the heavy steel door, giving a wave to the cooks in the back as I pass through, grabbing my apron from the hooks on the wall and making sure I have my notepad and pens ready.