Twenty Three

TW: body shaming August 24th, 2022

TW: body shaming
August 24th, 2022

It's the night of Harry's party and damn I look good.

Gianna, Joey, and I are getting ready at Gianna's house, with the plan that Gianna is going to be staying the night at Zayn's where the party is being held and Joey and I will share an Uber home. If these parties are as much of a rager that Harry claims they are, I plan on getting very, very drunk.

I am a little worried that my costume is too... risqué for the event. Gianna says-- and I quote-- "I don't give a fuck about some rich, old perverts looking at my tits", but I don't want to embarrass Harry or Zayn. I tried bringing it up with Harry on one of our now nightly phone calls, but he brushed me off and told me to wear whatever I wanted. That makes me think we won't be the only ones dressed like that, but I can't help but have a little anxiety about it.

My dress is a classic 1920's flapper dress, with long, silver, glittery tassels over a form fitting spaghetti strap dress that stops just below my ass. I've accessorized with a long pearl necklace that loops around a couple of times and a rhinestone silver headband against my tightly curled hair. I'm wearing four inch silver heels and against my better judgement I am not bringing any other shoes because I don't want to have to keep track of them. Gianna is wearing something similar, only hers is all black and longer than mine, while Joey has on a pin stripe suit with his hair slicked back.

I've got a small clutch wrapped around my wrist like a bracelet to match the dress. Not only does it perfectly fit my phone, but inside I brought Harry's ring I made for him a lifetime ago. I've been carrying it around with me everywhere, wanting to give it to him but never feeling like it was the right time. I'm still getting used to how different things are between us, and I guess I kind of want this to be special now. It feels almost symbolic to me. Just in case though, it's nearby for when it feels right.

We've decided to try to get to the party a bit early so Gianna has a close place to park her car, so even though the party doesn't start until eight, we're all about five minutes from walking out of the door at a quarter to seven. Gianna is gathering her overnight bag while Joey and I hang back and talk until she's ready. I'm really happy that Gianna and I finally get a chance to intermingle Joey within this group we're creating. Joey hasn't been out with Harry and Zayn since that first night that feels like a lifetime ago, and I think he'll really enjoy getting to know them more. Although he's not entirely convinced about Harry and I can't really blame him.

"You're telling me the last thing I heard was Gianna having to rescue you from Eddie's drunk as hell and sobbing over that asshole. Now he wants to apologize and you just let him?" Joey had said incredulously when I told him the plans for the party.

"It's more than that though, really," I tried to defend myself. "I'm not saying I'm going to marry him tomorrow, I'm just saying give him a chance."