Twenty

tw: emetophobia, talks of suicide August 18th, 2022

August 18th, 2022

"Cassie?"

It's been five minutes of Cassie just staring at the piece of paper in her hands. She's gone pale and her hands are shaking so bad the paper is making a sound. Nothing I'm saying is snapping her out of it.

I'm suspicious of this entire thing. Why would a piece of paper addressed to "K" give her a reaction like this? It has to be bad. So bad that me snapping my fingers in front of her face and yelling her name doesn't even get a slight reaction from her.

"Cassie you're really freaking me out right now. What is going on? Please, just talk to me."

Nothing.

"Cassie! Talk to me!"

Nada.

"Cassie what the fuck?" I go to snatch the note out of her hands but she moves faster than me, standing up from her seat on the couch to pace in front of me, running her hands through her hair without taking her eyes off the paper.

"Cassie I need you to talk to me. Please. Tell me what is happening."

Zilch.

"I swear to god I'll call Zayn and Gianna over here right now. If I can't get you to talk I know they will."

This makes her stop pacing and look up at me in panic. "No."

"Then tell me what's going on!"

"This has to stay between us, do you understand? No one, I mean not a single person can know about this, okay?" Her voice shakes in rhythm with the paper in her hands.

"What if they can help! Zayn is really good at finding information, he knows people who can probably find out who sent whatever it is that's making you spiral!" I'm also panicking at this point, and for some reason when I'm stressed I turn to yelling.

"Stop yelling at me!"

Okay, valid.

But it's almost compulsive when I still yell, "Then tell me what's going on!"

"Don't worry about it! This is my mess!" She resumes pacing back and forth, whispering "fuck, fuck, fuck" over and over again.

"Of course I'm going to worry about it! What the fuck is so bad on that piece of paper that has you acting like this! Do you think I'm completely fucking heartless? That I'm just going to go 'Oh, okay yeah this is fine I'm just going to go to sleep while you have a panic attack right in front of me, no big deal' come on Cassie!" I let out a heavy breath after my rant and Cassie stops pacing again to glare at me. She marches towards me and points a finger at me.

"Fuck you! Just go home Harry!"

"No! I'm not leaving!" I lean down slightly as I yell back at her.

"This is my fucking apartment, you can't tell me no! God, you're so fucking arrogant making this about you! Once again, you are not the white hot center of the fucking universe! Just leave me alone to deal with this by myself!"