}•{ Bad idea

~•} C H A P T E R|39 {•~

"Oh, please Ruhanika be done with these formalities already

"Oh, please Ruhanika be done with these formalities already." The lady scolded softly making Ruhanika nod her head at the graceful woman sitting in front of her.

Even a blind person could tell that she belonged from a high-profile background due to the way she had carried herself and that was somehow intimidating Ruhanika.

Already her nerves were all over the place and her heart had been frantic since the moment she stepped out of The Rathore Villa sneakily and somehow she had been regretting it already.

Maybe it was a bad idea to agree to come here altogether.

Sensing well the awkward atmosphere, the lady smiled in her direction once again in order to release some tension and politely asked, "What would you like to take, Ruhanika?"

Ruhanika skimmed through the digital menu kept there and once again got reminded how posh and expensive this place was and on top of that, the cafe was empty. The possibility of the lady in front of her booking the entire cafe was higher than the lack of people due to the early morning.

Not understanding the names of dishes and beverages written over there, she decided to go with her usual.

Offering a tight-lipped smile she told softly, "Tea,".

"Which one?"

"Any would do," Ruhanika mumbled.

The lady nodded and gestured for someone to come and ordered, "Two chamomile tea with honey."

Ruhanika fidgeted with her fingers knowing already she wasn't going to like the tea which didn't sound like tea at all. Maybe she should've just said milk tea.

Ruhanika looked exceptionally at the lady to begin for what she had called her here early in the morning afterall that was the main reason she was here and not the tea.

Sensing her gaze the lady nervously laughed, "I know it exactly ain't pleasant sitting with your husband's ex-wife's mom."

She wanted to mumble out a 'yes' but refraining herself she once again gave her one of the fake smiles she had mastered during her stay with Rathores and shook her head in denial.

Taking that as a cue to continue Mrs. Oberoi looked down, "There ain't much I had called you here for, Ruhanika. It's been so long and I just wanted to know about how Yuv..." her voice cracked in the middle, and clearing her throat she continued, "Yuvika and Yuvraj,"

Not showing her sudden surprise, Ruhanika asked the question which was on the top of her tongue, "Why me? I mean, you could've asked Yuvraj Ji or Mummy ji directly. You could've even come to meet them."

Mrs. Oberoi chuckled, "You're the only one unaffected by my presence Ruhanika. Yuvraj... He has already endured a lot and I don't want to remind him of the past again. And Bhavna isn't someone I would like to talk to. And others probably despise me way too much. Well, their hatred is justified as they feel everything Yuvraj had to go through was because of Mahira..."