Chapter 3

Dara opened her eyes blearily when she heard her alarm clock going off. She couldn't sleep last night. By the time when sleep had touched her senses, she could see light spilling on the side of the curtains. Whenever she closed her eyes, an image of a smiling face leaning close to her is invading her thoughts. She got up and stepped out of bed, swaying to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and looked in the mirror, seeing her bloodshot eyes, big eyebags, her hair looking like it exploded on her head. She looked worse than yesterday, if that's even possible. She spit the foamy water on the sink and his face popped into her head again. She stood up staright, her face contorted. She hit her head with the heel of her hand. That Donghae's face again. Get out of my head! She irritably washed her mouth and went to shower, still grimacing.

One thing she is sure of as she put on her baggy shirt and slim pants. Donghae did some kind of voodoo magic on her or something imprinting his face in her brain so she could like him too. Ugh! Once she sees him, she's gonna kick his ass and demand him to remove whatever curse he put on her. It's bad enough that she is beginning to have serious heart problems, she doesn't need to see his face every damn waking hours too!

She put her hair up again in a loose ponytail after drying it and walked out of her room, seeing that it was already close to 8. Mr. Kraz would porbably bust a vein if she was late again. It doesn't matter if there isn't any projects. He's just going to bust a vein if it is her who is late. She opened the door and walked out, locking it and proceeded to walk down the three steps when she froze. Donghae stood there wearing dark sunglasses, both his hands in his pockets and leaning on his car. He smiled without showing his teeth when he saw her and lifted his left hand in a wave.

Here it is again. Her heart took this time to suddenly go into overdrive, beating so fast she felt she did a morning jog. She put her hand in her chest and she could feel it against her hand. She scowled walking over to him, wanting to demand to drive her to a nearby hospital because she thinks she's gonna have a heart attack.

"You okay?" Donghae said his brows furrowed in concern. "You look flushed."

Flushed? She should be pale, shouldn't she? Her dad was almost colorless when she saw the people lifting him on the stretcher after that attack.

"I think I need to go to the hospital," she said pensively. "I think i'm coming down with something."

"Oh... oka—"

"What are you doing here?" Dara asked cutting him off.

"I wanted to drop you off at work before I go to mine."

"Why?"

Donghae let out a breath. "Do you always ask a reason for everything?"

"Uh... yeah."

Donghae sighed dramatically before smiling at her. "I told you last night. I like you and I wanted to spend time with you. And before you ask why again..." He lifted a finger as Dara started to open her mouth.  "it's because I don't need a reason to. I just do. And besides, isn't it a good thing I decided to come here? I could take you to the hospital."