Chapter 8

"I was worried. You weren't calling me or responding to my text messages..." Dara said as Donghae suddenly rushed out at the front gate demanding why she was there.

"How did you know I was here? How did you know where my grandmother live? How—"

"You're Donghae oppa's girlfriend?" Donghae was cut off as Chaerin suddenly appeared from behind him with a big smile on her face.

"Not now Chaerin. Go back," Donghae said putting his arm out on the gate to block Chaerin but Chaerin nudged him off, rolling her eyes and walked towards Dara.

"HI!" Chaerin put her arms around Dara for a hug.

"HI!" Dara greeted back though feeling awkward as Chaerin hugged her.

"Oh my gosh, everybody's so excited to meet you!" Chaerin said. "I am so excited to meet you. I never had a sister and I know we would be bestfriends. Did you know that this is the first time Donghae had brought a girl? And to grandma's house! You do know what that means, do you?"

Dara had her smile frozen as Chaerin rattled on. She shook her head at the question not really sure if it was a rhetorical one.

"I didn't brought her here," Donghae vehemently denied. "And she's going home." He started to put a hand on Dara's arm intending to lead her out to where his car is parked but Chaerin swatted it off.

"Grandma is waiting for her. You're going to disappoint her again," Chaerin said then pulled Dara but Donghae had his hand on Dara's other arm.

"Ooohh no," Donghae said already thinking what it will mean once Dara gets inside the house and met his grandmother. He'd be compromised for life! His grandmother wouldn't care if the girl is a psycho as long as he's got a girl to introduce her to. "No no no no."

"Yes!" Chaerin looked at Dara. "You're his girlfriend, are you not?"

"Yes," Dara answered liking the way Donghae is already panicking.

"No," Donghae answered at the same time.

Dara's eyes flashed then bowed her head, looking so hurt. Chaerin was outraged on her behalf. "Way to go, Donghae. Way to go." She reprimanded Donghae.

"I'm sorry," Dara answered in a small, voice. Hurt dripping all over her tone. "I never should've gone here. I was only worried about him and i... I'm sorry." She started to turn back.

Aish! She's doing it again! Donghae pushed his hair back in agitation as Chaerin put a hand over Dara's shoulder stopping her while glaring at him.

"Is this what you do to your girlfriends?" Chaerin said. "She's just worried about you. Come on, let's go inside." She led Dara on the way in.

Ah shit shit shit! Donghae jogged over to the two and blocked them. "Okay, I'm sorry," Donghae said to them. "Yes, she's my girlfriend. But tonight's not the time to let her meet grandma. Or the family. She'd be a livestock there for the family to feed on!"

"Oh shut your dramatics," Chaerin said. "This is my birthday and I'm inviting her."

"You know they'll be all over her," Donghae said to Chaerin desperately thinking of ways to stop her from letting Dara in the house. God knows what will happen next. He couldn't tell his grandma to move residence. "She'd be too overwhelmed and I don't want her to leave me because she got scared of the kind of rowdy family I am from!"

Chaerin bit her lip thinking that their family is a little overwhelming, yes and can be a little scary if gathered together. But before she could think it through, Dara put her hand on Donghae's face, stroking it.