Chapter 23

Dara was hitting the keys on her keyboard a little too hard as she tried to edit some parts on the scripts Kraz had assigned her to do with a gritted teeth. No, this spiel should be on the second part. No, this should not be delivered at all. No, this is a lame pathetic attempt of a joke unless the host is good in making this work. Who in the hell did this stupid script?

She didn't know how long she had been typing furiously on her computer but all she wanted is to blot out the fact that Donghae is back. And he didn't even let her know. What happened to I'll be back soon, don't miss me too much and all those crap? Why is he suck a dickhead!

Yes, that's right. Angry. Get angry. She needs to focus on that to drown the other stupid emotions that is ominously rising. No, she won't let it. He's dead. He's dead once she sees him, that stupid asshole. He's her servant. He's supposed to do her every bidding. He's supposed to pick her up from home to work and vice versa. They've still got a month of the deal. He was the one who insisted on it. She should've known. He only did it to throw her off. Pretend that he is some dude who's bent on keeping his promises and oaths so she would think he's good on his words. He's a liar. A jerk. An asshole. A dickhead. She can't wait until she sees him so she can beat the shit out of him.

Just one text message. Just one! But no. He's too busy living his happy life he didn't even bother. Taking a tour of the city, not to bother me because I'm busy. She slammed her hands on the keyboard seething as she glared at the incessant letters swimming in front of her eyes from the monitor, not really seeing them.

"Damaging company property is against the company policy."

She snapped her head to look up at Jaejoong who was hovering above her station. She's so mad she couldn't even manage to smile. She returned her attention on doing her work, trying to recall where she is at now.

"Is Chaerin done with her shopping?" She asked in a monotonous tone.

"I already drove her home three hours ago," Jaejoong answered studying her as she hit the keyboard in rapid-fire succession. "And you should go home. You're the only left here. Again."

Dara didn't look up. Everybody left for the day but she didn't want to go home. She doesn't want to be alone with her thoughts. That would conjure all kinds of things she doesn't want to remember at the moment and she just continued to focus on the script, typing without rest since she got back. She even looked for other things she could edit. Some looked at her queerly probably wondering what's happening to her. She didn't talk to anybody, just answering when asked in not more than two syllables but no one prod her. Mr. Kraz, thankfully, had left early for a family event or else she would end up with no job tomorrow if he even so much at breathed at her.

"Dara," Jaejoong said when she just continued ignoring her.

"Aren't we supposed to be on a meeting?" she asked.

She heard him sigh quietly before answering, "What do you want to discuss in the meeting?"

"I don't know," Dara said. "The complexities of human idiocy in trying to display an ounce of pathetic comedy in an otherwise poorly delivered dialogue. Who in the hell made this script? This is horrendous!"

Jaejoong's mouth lifted to one side. "Isn't that the work of your team?"

"Right," Dara just said. "Ignore me. I'm just trying to be a know-it-all at the moment."

Jaejoong just watched her and he sighed again. When he found out Donghae was back, he was pretty sure Dara would be the first to know. But the morning he watched her, it seems like she doesn't have any idea and he doesn't want to ask her. It wasn't his place to tell her. He hasn't seen Donghae either except on his birthday when he was sitting there at Grandma's house talking to Yoona. Celebrating his birthday. When Dara doesn't even know he's already back. He just kissed his grandma goodbye and walked out of the house, not wanting to be a part of it. He wanted to shield Dara for any possible pain she would feel if she knew. He doesn't know if what he's doing is a good thing, protecting her, keeping her from knowing that the man she had been waiting for is already back and what would she do if she knew. And Chaerin had to come in and opened her big mouth. He was worried it had hurt her. But looking at her now, he's sure she's more hurt than she let on. Yes, she looked mad enough to kill his cousin and he thinks it's much better than crying but... he much prefer her to cry her pain out instead of hiding from layers of masks she's putting on.