Chapter 7

Dara used her finger to look for the title of the book Suzy is asking her to buy on the long row of bookshelves inside the bookstore she went inside to in the mall. It was Monday and already 5 in the afternoon. Mr. Kraz ordered her to buy some school supplies and she grudgingly stood up to do the errand. Suzy then asked her if she could buy a book she had been wanting to get her hands on for so long but just couldn't find the time. Where she's going to find it, she has no idea as Suzy didn't tell what genre that book is. She bet it was Romance.

Bookstores aren't a stranger to her. She had loved reading. She remembered she used to go to any bookstores she could find to read literature and some Journalism articles whenever she doesn't have any classes . But she had forgotten that hobby when she had graduated. Now it's like coming back home.

After finding the book Suzy was looking for and lugging a basket with the school supplies Mr. Kraz wanted her to buy (without even giving her any money), she started to walk on the aisle just looking, browsing some books wondering if she would need to read a book to re-charge her brain. She breathed in the scent suddenly feeling all the stress lifting off her. It's so good to be herself even just for today and wouldn't have to act like a clingy, pathetic, whining girlfriend. She hasn't heard anything from Donghae since last night. Not even a text. She wondered if he was cooking up something. Well, whatever he does, she's going to counter it. She's just relieved to be herself today. Acting is so tiring.

Her eyes caught sight of a book at the top middle shelf with a dark color on its bindings and she reached out for it. A hand settled on top of the book the same time her hand caught the bottom. She didn't let go. But the hand didn't let go either. She looked at the person the hand belonged to and shot a glare. It was a guy in a suit. Tall with milky white skin. A face with a tinge of a feminine feature. His hair on a sideswept fringe making him look more like an anime character.

"Let go," Dara said nudging the book.

"Sorry miss, I really need this," the guy said apologetically holding on to it tight.

"I got it first! Can't you just ask for another one?"

"I already asked and they only got one left and this is it."

"Listen Mr. Cloud," Dara said referencing a character from Final Fantasy. "I got it first, so I will have it first. Anybody ever told you first come first serve?" It doesn't even matter what book this is. She will get it.

The guy looked at him then sighed. He dropped his hand. "Okay. I'm sorry," he apologized then said in a lopsided smile. "I don't usually fight with girls... even argue with them."

Dara took the book. "Good for you." She turned to walk off but the guy came right behind her.

"Any books you might want to recommend?"

Dara looked at him wryly and saw his worried expression. Then he smiled a little. "Sorry, I'm really desperate. My cousin will have her birthday tomorrow and she wanted a book. That book. And this is the only free time I had so I couldn't look for other stores or even have time to search for another one thinking if she might like it. She will bust a vein if I show up on her birthday without anything."

"Are you serious?" Dara said. "Just go and buy her anything else. It's the thought that counts."

"I know but you don't know my cousin. Formidable little brat. So just... any book that you think she will like? I just need a title or an author."

Dara stared at the guy's earnest expression. He must've been such a loser to even go so far as trying to find a litte brat a book for her birthday. She sighed and handed him the book they were hanging on to earlier. "Here."