Chapter 27

She's all right. Everything with her is all right. She started her job with The Scope as a filing clerk. It's pretty much an easy job and her boss is very nice. Aside from the three girls sitting side by side with each other who seems to be adapting the role of Mean Girls, everything is perfect with her at her new job. It doesn't differ much with what she had been doing in CSW in keeping files and documents organized, transferring entries to the computer database for easier referencing, copying, scanning, and correctly putting the labels on each paper documents. She was also the Go To person for anyone looking for some files for a specific dates or specific events. She's pretty much had gotten busier within 5 days of working for The Scope after the previous filing clerk had showed her the ropes the first day. Apart from a tiny affliction that she had encountered, she is perfect for the job. Her shoulder had bothered her again to the point when the pain is acutely unbearable. She went to the doctor and had it examined. The swelling looks worse than before and the purplish color had gotten more pronounced making it look like it was a recent injury. The doctor reprimanded her when he found out she removed the strap in less than 3 days and put her in one again, telling her firmly to remove it after 3 weeks or she wouldn't be able to use the muscles on her right arm ever again. Seeing as she was right handed, she cannot have her right disabled so she listened to the doctor like a good patient. Jaejoong admonished her more than the doctor when he found out about it.

The strap didn't interfere much with her work but it did slow her down. She also became one of the first people to know about what's happening with the society. Some are idle gossip but juicier at the most. Guess it was one of the perks of working for a magazine centered in delivering news about what's happening with the more known people. It centered mostly with the politicians visiting shelters or contributing to the greater good but there were also some dedicated to the societal elite. She lost count on how many articles she had seen and filed with Choi Siwon's name and Kim Yesung. There were also a number about Kim Jaejoong . She even gawked when she saw an article about her gang. Hah! She had no idea they would actually make an impact with the society by just strutting around in a runway. But hey, being famous models in the US probably convey inspiration to those who wanted to be just like them. Yeah, be a consistent delinquent once you stepped in Kindergarten.

There were also some about Lee Donghae but she opted not to read them and just kept on filing it. She is starting to love her job but the tricky part of it is she tends to hear about things she prefers not to hear. Or know. There were some articles passed on for review to get approved to be printed one day about the CEO of Fishy Ideas going to Barcelona with an alleged girlfriend to get engaged. As it was, their manager discarded that article and told the writer not to dwell on gossip since they are not a gossip magazine and what they print are facts, not heresay. The writer gave her the papers and asked her to keep it in case their manager changed their mind. Dara then placed it on the file cabinet labeled Drafts without so much as a glance on what it says lest she started ripping each pages off.

She also befriended a shy girl finishing her internship with The Scope, Gong Minzy. She was way too young to be on par with her way of thinking but they got along so well that Dara thinks her mind may not be as old as her body is.

"I'm going to go out buy something for lunch," Minzy said putting her hands on her cubicle to look at her. "Anything you want me to buy for you?"

Dara shook her head. "No, I'm good. My housemate, Suzy, she makes killer sandwiches and I've got about three of them packed in my bag. Are you sure you don't want one?" She had offered it to Minzy earlier which the latter declined.

"I'm on an organic diet," Minzy said in resignation as she had already told Dara that countless times.

"Right," Dara said grinning. "Then go ahead and be organic. I'm just gonna eat the sandwiches. Oh! Can you buy me coffee?" She took her bag and gave Minzy some cash for her coffee.