Chapter 9

This has gotta be the worst thing that will ever be included in my life history, Donghae mused morosely as he drummed his fingers on the table top as he waited for Dara. Since Dara decided to be psychotic again earlier today, he had steered clear from her and eventually forgetting about her during the course of his meetings with the staff, clients, picking the layouts for the ads. It was already close to 6 when he returned back to his unit and remembering that he's got a bet to win. He grudginly sent a text message to Dara asking to meet before taking a shower. He saw Dara's response after he put on his clothes.

He sighed for the tenth time while waiting for her. He could have just picked her up at her house but Dara said to meet here. And given that he really doesn't want to drive all the way to her apartment again, he agreed. He's beginning to get really tired of this whole thing. Maybe he should just call it quits and just give KiBum his villa and whatever his friends had asked in the terms instead of agonizing another grueling experience with a psycho. Before he could think further, he saw Dara entering the shop without a smile on her face. He stood up, smiling awkwardly.

"Hey," Donghae greeted.

Dara just looked at him before sitting across from him poker faced. Donghae sat too.

"So? Why do you want to meet?" Dara asked dispersing any small talks.

"I just... want to talk to my girlfriend..." Donghae started and Dara rolled her eyes. "Listen, Dara," Donghae continued. "I don't know what made you mad at me. I don't even know why you're getting mad at all. I just..."

Dara crossed her arms, looking pointedly at Donghae with one of her eyebrow slightly raised. It unnerved Donghae but he still continued. "I just want to... have fun. Together. With you. And... you have got to tell me what's wrong and I'll try to make it right." Years of using flowery words is now rolling of his tongue like an expert and he took advantage of it. "You are the most important thing to me and I'll do anything for you."

Dara's eyebrow rose even higher. "Anything?" She asked after a moment.

"Yes," Donghae said glad that he is now getting a response. He really needed to expedite this whole bet thing so it will be over. "Relationships are give and take. I'll do everything for you and all I ever wanted is for you tell me how you feel in front of my friends."

What a pathetic scheme, Dara thought as she gave him a wry smile. "Why do you want me to confess to you in front of your friends? Isn't me telling you what I feel enough?" She could bullshit as much as he does. And more.

"I want them to know you're mine," Donghae said hoping he's not laying it on too thick. "And I want them to know you're serious. You haven't really paid much attention to me in high school. You didn't even know me until that day at the café. Or maybe not even then. You know what they're doing? They're laughing at me saying you are not going to be serious with me and... this is my pride on the line. Once you tell them that... then... I can go on with my life. All I wanted is to be with you but... everytime you get mad at me for every little thing, I feel like I am not enough. And then my friends... they're just making it worse for me. I feel like, I won't ever be enough for you and I wanted to have something which will tell me you are serious about me. About us. I want to give you everything. Anything. And all I'm asking is for you to tell them how you feel about me. That's all I want."

Dara stared at Donghae wishing she could just punch him by spewing all these pathetic lies that comes easily out of his mouth. Hell, she wanted to punch him in the mouth so all his teeth will fall out. But as it happens, she had something in mind. She sighed instead then looked at Donghae. Anything huh? "Come with me." She stood up and Donghae followed looking puzzled. Dara shook her head as Donghae went to his car and he just followed her on the bus stop.