Chapter 12

Dara drank the last drop of her coffee, wiped her lips with her tongue then slowly put the cup down feeling nervous. She had never felt this nervous since she graduated pre-school. But here it is. So nervous she thinks she might pass out. Bo had just told her CEO Siwon is asking for her to go up in his office late that afternoon.

This is it. If Mr. Kraz didn't fire her, Siwon probably would. She threw the cup in the small trash bin under her desk then stood up slowly already thinking of her monetary responsibilities. Dammit. She's can't do anything if Siwon fired her. She knew she deserves it but maybe she could beg Siwon to let her find another job first or give her recommendation or something. She mentally smacked her head. She messed up a production and she is expecting a recommendation? She is beginning to be as stupid as Donghae.

She thought she had gotten away from trouble. When she went up again, Mr. Kraz laid off her, shut up in his office and didn't even call her again to continue his yelling. Instead, he kept pacing inside talking to Mei and Bo and Dara could see make out the vein popping in his neck as he yelled his grievances to the two people who was obliged by their position to listen. Some of the other trainees are whispering and Suzy, as usual, shook her head at her, narrowing her eyes in consternation. Dara just lifted her shoulders in question as if to ask what did i do? .

Well, she had to give it to Donghae. He really did save her from Mr. Kraz. All throughout the day, he didn't speak a word to her and she could see him glaring at her at the corner of her eye but unable to voice his hatred so he kept it to himself and now he's close to erupting, raging in every inanimate objects, yelling for a slight error. But it was never directed at her. She have just realized that Mr. Kraz is the most kiss-ass person alive.

Now, the only thing that could actually counter Donghae's power around here is the chairman himself and she suspected Mr. Kraz might have even offered to tell on her, maybe even suggesting her to be fired. Probably making up a few lies of giving him laxative, snubbing the client, always taking overbreaks. Well, it was true but until proven guilty, they were considered as lies!

She trudged heavily towards Choi Siwon's office, her walks becoming slower as she comes closer to his door. She can't even smile at the secretary when she said Siwon's in. Okay, she needs to face it like a man... or like a woman. An honest woman. She did mess up but who doesn't? Who doesn't??

Okay, that was a good defense.

Or she could blackmail him with the deal, threaten him that she will post it on the internet the same way she had threatened Donghae.

But Choi Siwon being scared of a blackmail? He doesn't seem like the type. He would probably offer to post it himself just to get rid of anyone trying to best him. Besides, it would be downright vile if she would be using that scheme on him when he had done nothing wrong to her except be Donghae's friend.

Breathing in for some calmness, thinking of her mom, her brother, medical bills, utility bills, rent, school payments.... She wanted to rip her hair off, all her stress from this morning is coming back to her in a rush. She squinched her eyes shut before gathering the courage to open the door and walking in like she's in for the firing squad. Which she really is. Figuratively, that is.

Siwon was sitting on his desk and he looked up when she marched in looking stiff and tensed.

"You were looking for me?" She said trying to hide the sudden panic that Is crawling up on her spine.

Siwon hid his amusement at the robotic tone she had, her back ramrod straight, both hands in perfect alignment at her side. He motioned for her to seat down and she sat down, her back rigid, bringing her hands together in silent prayer that Siwon would give her another chance. She cannot lose this job. She cannot be unemployed again!