First meeting with the Marine

Chapter 3: First meeting with the Marine

Tanya Degurechaff POV

Arriving close to town, behind what appears to be a tall building, possibly a residential building, as it did not appear to house corporate offices. It wasn't that tall, at least compared to the buildings built in its previous lives. But by climbing to the top, she would have the possibility of being able to observe the surroundings without being noticed.

Although having nothing to reproach herself for, Tanya wanted to avoid being seen with her military uniform on her. How would this country react if an unknown soldier walked freely through its streets?

Now it needed to be able to climb the top, and seeing the results of the flight spell, Tanya refused to consider that possibility. Climbing the building also seemed impossible, the potential holds were too far apart. With her small body, Tanya would be unable to use them, moreover, the building seemed to measure a good ten meters high.

An idea suddenly comes to mind, recalling her training during her early days in the army. A classmate had jumped over the ammunition shed so he could discreetly go into town to join friends to go drink in a bar.

Of course, Tanya had reported the soldier at the time. "The army is an organization governed by rules, not following them would sink the institution," Tanya said to herself at the time.

However, the idea of using body reinforcement to get over big obstacles was far from silly.

Tanya then took a few steps back to gain some momentum and strengthened her little legs as much as possible to be able to jump as high as possible. It was only after a long breath that she took one step after another.

Arriving a few meters in front of the building, she flexed her legs and jumped. She managed to cling to the edge of the roof with the help of both hands.

Once hoisted to the top of the building, she approached the opposite edge and began to observe the surroundings of the city, and more particularly the street below.

Tanya was amazed at what she saw. The city was huge, the architecture was completely different from what she had known in her previous lives. Relatively simple shapes were used to shape the buildings. The vast majority of buildings were white. But the most amazing thing is that this town seems to have developed in the middle of the forest, right in the middle of the tall trees that Tanya had noticed when she arrived. In the distance, she could also make out a kind of amusement park, with its roller coaster and Ferris wheel. The roads, on the other hand, did not seem to be tarred or even paved. Well-kept grass allowed people to move around town.

Sweeping her gaze over the city, Tanya could notice some plumes of smoke rising toward the sky

Sweeping her gaze over the city, Tanya could notice some plumes of smoke rising toward the sky. And looking in the direction of the smoke, she noticed that some buildings were partially or completely destroyed.

"Is this world also at war?" Tanya wondered.

Suddenly, several screams rose from the street below her, disrupting her thoughts. Glancing down, Tanya saw that the street was also partially destroyed. Several men were running in all directions. Some were busy clearing the rubble, others were tending to the wounded moaning weakly on the ground.