War at Marineford Part 2

POV Tanya Degurechaff

Contemplating the fall of the ship and its crew, Tanya caught her breath after screaming at the top of her lungs. She had come to accept the strangeness of this new world, but it was still hard for her to take it all in. It was as if everything she believed was being challenged at every turn, which was becoming morally exhausting.

"What the hell is the possibility that a huge ship could fall from the sky?" the girl wondered as she followed the fall with her eyes until it met the frozen ground of the bay. She closed one eye and winced, expecting a huge impact given the mass of the ship. But to her surprise, the ship did not hit the ice, but the seawater in a huge crater that had formed in the ice during the fighting.

The crew of the ship wasn't Marine soldiers as she expected, but rather a band of prisoners judging by their outfits. Tanya quickly made the connection between these men and the recent events at Impel Down prison. These men, most of them still stunned, were trying to stay afloat in order to avoid drowning by clutching at anything they could get their hands on, others were trying to climb the carcass of the boat that couldn't reach the bottom of the bay, probably blocked by the surrounding ice. The girl was pulled out of her observation by the ringing of her Den Den Mushi which was ringing from her pocket.

"To all team leaders, we are entering the second phase of our plan, please make arrangements with your respective teams. Over."

"We're already in phase two, which means the plan is going smoothly for now." Tanya thought as she tucked her Den Den Mushi into her pocket. The plan itself was quite simple, the goal was to lure the vast majority of the pirates into the heart of the bay and then surround them with the reinforced wall of the bay that was still submerged for the moment and the numerous Marine battleships that would close the bay once all the pirates were inside. All the officers, including Tanya, had been summoned a few hours before the beginning of the operation in order to keep them informed of the plan. The ungraded weren't invited in order to reduce the risk of the plan leaking to the pirates, thus increasing the chances of success of the operation.

Turning her attention back to the wreckage of the flying boat, Tanya could see that the vast majority of these outlaws had gathered on what was left of the ship's bow. The vast majority of these men were unknown to her, however, she had no trouble recognizing some of them. The most recognizable was Jimbe the Sea Paladin. He had a stocky build similar to that of a sumo wrestler and a face commonly resembling the Onis. His yellow eyebrows and sideburns were shaped like those of these demons, in addition to a bulbous nose and an angular lower lip pointing upwards. He had a lightning bolt-shaped scar that started from his left sideburn and extended above his left eye. He also had two conical lower fangs resembling tusks, the rest of his teeth in the upper and lower rows were about the same, though much smaller. He had a severe underbite, which makes room for his huge fangs.

He had long, two-tone black hair, with two long gold-colored bands that started from the roots on his forehead and went down his back, a bun and a tuft of hair on his chin with a slight green tint. This man was known to have renounced his title of Warlord a few days earlier for reasons that were not yet known.

At his side stood another former Warlord: Crocodile. He was a tall man with a broad chest, muscular arms and thick legs and neck. He had pale skin and black hair with purple highlights neatly slicked back. He had a few battle scars, probably from previous battles, a scar that cut his face horizontally and a gold hook on his left hand. His eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes were half closed and he had a wrinkle on his forehead. He was also smoking a large cigar. His long fur coat was reminiscent of the Italian mafia godfathers that Tanya had seen many times before in many movies. He was wearing a black shirt and a green scarf, black pants with shiny highlights, black polished shoes and a black fur coat.