A decisive assessment

Tanya Degurechaff POV

As soon as she arrived, Tanya was able to discover the training grounds. It was a huge expanse of grass, probably the only one on this island. The training areas were delimited by stretches of land forming squares the size of a tennis court. They were all dug deep into the ground to probably avoid collateral damage. There were precisely four pitches. Three of these lands were already used by soldiers.

On the last remaining court, Tanya noticed that a crowd was already waiting for the judging to begin. She immediately recognized the Admiral-in-Chief who was still wearing his characteristic cap. He was still accompanied by Vice Admiral Garp as well as Admiral Aokiji, but to her surprise, the man she had confronted earlier was not present. In his place stood another man who was dressed in a burgundy-red suit. A rose was visible at the level of his chest. Like all the other officers, he wore what Tanya called "a justice coat." His cap was to be the one given as an endowment to all soldiers of the Marine. A tattoo could be guessed on the left side of his body because if we concentrated enough, we could see the beginning of a tattoo on the left side of his neck.

 A tattoo could be guessed on the left side of his body because if we concentrated enough, we could see the beginning of a tattoo on the left side of his neck

When their eyes met, Tanya had a slight shudder, she could read an infinite ambition as well as an immense desire to show that he stood at the top. This man reminded her a lot of General Rudersdorf whom she had known in her previous life.

"If this man is like the general, I imagine he must have a very narrow view of things. He's the kind of man who unscrupulously sends children into a battlefield. I wouldn't like to be under him," Tanya muttered to herself.

The rest of the crowd was mostly ordinary soldiers, curious to see the results of the assessment. "It must be quite a popular event," Tanya concludes, noticing the excitement among the soldiers. Of this crowd, two people stood out either by their disproportionately large size or by their attire.

The tallest was almost 22'7 tall (689cm). She couldn't believe it, how can a human being have this surreal size? Tanya already thought the admirals were abnormally tall, but this was almost ridiculous. This titan was wearing a kind of gray pants with black dots. His top was an all-black jacket with a white circular symbol at his midriff. His eyes were white with no trace of pupils. He also wore a headgear the same color as his pants with the same patterns. You could see little bear ears resting on it. In his hands, a large book where the inscription "Bible" was legible.

 In his hands, a large book where the inscription "Bible" was legible