War at Marineford Part 4

General POV

Location: Somewhere in the Saboady Archipelago

Before the battle began, a team of journalists, accompanied by some marines, had set up a video broadcast platform to allow those who wished for the opportunity to watch the execution of the pirate king's son: Portgas D. Ace.

Even though most people had come to see the execution, the sight of the young pirate being stabbed to death by a little girl had deeply shocked most viewers, who had certainly expected a much more classic execution.

However, that did not stop the vast majority of the crowd from shouting out their joy. "Justice always prevails!" "Good riddance, the world does not need pirates"; "Bravo to the Marine!" We could see people hugging each other, and others celebrating this event with an astronomical amount of alcohol provided for the occasion.

However, this was not the general opinion of the crowd. Some people, acquaintances, sympathizers, friends, and allies of the Whitebeard and Ace pirates did not share this opinion. Such a blow to the crew that had placed their island under their protection would be disastrous for their safety because since it no longer seemed as threatening as before, it might suggest to anyone that Whitebeard's territory was no longer as protected as before.

When the majority of the world's population who had access to the images saw the images in front of their eyes, they understood what was really behind this war. While the rescue of Portgas D. Ace was the main goal of the crew, there was an equally important theme behind this battle: the end of one era and the beginning of another.

Back at Marineford, all eyes were on Portgas D. Ace, who appeared to be completely unprepared. His gaze wavered from the stabbing pain that began to spread through his body.

The gunshots, the explosions, and the screams of men fighting for survival had given way to a great, almost religious silence that gave the impression that the entire island had fallen silent. There was an atmosphere similar to that which one finds when entering a church. Only the sound of the waves hitting the dikes, sometimes interrupted by the cries of the seagulls, dared to break this long silence.

The girl responsible for the deed knew that she would become the target of many pirates after what she had done, and as if to defy them, she easily disengaged herself from the young man's arms and took a few steps back to assess the situation, while continuing to stare with a defiant look at the pirates who were watching the scene helplessly. The young man could not stand it much longer and his strength was gradually leaving him. He slumped to his knees on the floor and toppled forward. It was only thanks to the presence of his adopted brother that his face did not hit the ground, for he had managed to cushion it against his shoulder beforehand. The two brothers used the time, which seemed to last an eternity, to say goodbye.

POV Tanya Von Degurechaff

Location Marineford

The execution of the condemned man was absolutely not part of the plans of the girl, who gradually became aware of the effect of her gesture. She had just undone the efforts of thousands of people in an instant, just because of a reflex she had developed during her stays on the Rhine Front. "Now that I have done that, I'll be the slaying monster for many pirates and a propaganda image for the World Government. Damn, you for being Y, I am sure you are responsible for this despite your promise," Tanya reflected, gritting her teeth in anger.

Tanya looked at the scene with the two brothers playing out before her eyes and took a deep breath to clear her head and think clearly. "Well, at this point... I might as well take the opportunity and kill the other brother. All good opportunities are good to take if I want to move up and stay in the back. With the status of a heroine, I should be able to stay safely in the offices, it would be counterproductive for the World Government to lose such a useful element." Gradually, a smile appeared on the young girl's face, who already saw herself in her new office, warm and safe.