Eve of the Great War

Note at the end of the chapter about the continuation of the fanfiction.

POV Tanya Degurechaff

Marine HQ

D-1 before the execution

These last days, Tanya had not been idle, chaining physical training to be able to develop her body as Vice Admiral Garp had suggested, and technical training to better master the Rokushiki.

The young Lieutenant did not only wish to develop her body, but she also wished to develop the mastery of her body reinforcement which despite its limitations, remained a considerable asset. The method that Tanya had chosen was simple: reproduce the exercises seen during the day but using body reinforcement. This allowed her to better control the use of her magic making the use of her technique more effective and less exhausting over time. As a comparison, she could now use [Soru] about fifty times with her mage blade against about fifteen times at the beginning of her training.

In addition to [Soru], she had learned to master [Geppo] and [Rankyaku] using her body reinforcement. Despite the intensive training, she was unable to use Rokushiki without her magical ability because her body greatly limited her physical abilities.

Important events had also taken place in the last few days. The most important one being the assault on Impel Down Prison by a man named Monkey D. Luffy. According to the officers Tanya had questioned, this pirate was looking for the prisoner condemned to death. According to the newspapers that Tanya was particularly fond of reading, this individual would have generated important riots within the prison, which had particularly annoyed the Marine because this prison was reputed to be tamper-proof and from which it was impossible to escape. According to recent information obtained by the HQ, Monkey D. Luffy could not be found and probably managed to escape with other prisoners.

With the execution fast approaching, and Whitebeard's crew having been spotted in the vicinity of the Sabaody Archipelago, HQ had decided to take additional measures to prepare for the confrontation that had now become inevitable

Despite this bad news, Tanya did not feel concerned about the war because she would be safe at the back of the battlefield taking care of the supplies. It is with this state of mind that the young girl was heading towards Fleet Admiral Sengoku's office according to his request a few days earlier. Her superior certainly wished to give her more details concerning the supply team she would lead on D-Day.

As she arrived in front of the office, she noticed that a desk had been placed next to the door of the Chief Admiral's office. Behind it was a soldier who looked drowned under tons of administrative files. He must have been in charge of screening visitors, considering the upcoming events and serving as a sort of secretary. When he looked up, he noticed the young girl who had been staring at him for a few seconds.

"Lieutenant!" greeted the soldier as he stood up and stuck his right hand near his temple.

Tanya greeted the soldier in turn, and not wanting to waste time so as not to arrive late for her meeting with the Chief Admiral, Tanya quickly introduced herself and stated the reason for her visit, insisting that she was expected by the Admiral.