Chapter 5: Reconciliations and Simple Plans

Lucifer's Pov

I drove up to a flat that Maze was staying in, thanks to one of my trusted bar members that helped her to get another apartment after she left the detective's home. It was in a crappy area, of course, she would have picked this place if Maze wanted to get a low profile. The landlord addressed me the door number and on what floor level. Once, I reached her apartment, the door was unlocked so I opened it and walked in casually. I scanned around the small living room, there was just one, a small sofa with and tiny radio by the side. Ripped wallpaper around the wall edges in the colour of sea blue. The walls were covered with small but deep marks, possibly from her knife throwing.

"Mazikeen!" I called, but the only answer I received was a warm silence.

I was about to yell again till my senses tell me that something sharp was flying right at me. My fast reflexes from my hand caught a sharp knife which was aiming directly at the side of my face. I couldn't feel the sharp edges of the knife which was pressured against the soft skin in the palm of my hand. I turned around and my eyes gazed past the silver layer of the knife to the other side of the room. Where Maze stood in a small kitchen with her arms crossed across her chest and she held an angry look.

"Good reflexes" she commented.

"Well, Devil is as Devil does" I replied, walking towards her and placing the knife on a small counter by the side of the room.

"What do you want?" Maze yelled.

"It's the detective" I started but maze already began signing.

She turned around and grabbed a large packet of crisps from the top units, I stated, "If she wants to look over that little brat of hers. Tell me I won't. I'm not her babysitter anymore."

I gulped down my disapproval for Maze calling the small child a 'brat,' I've heard of what Maze stayed behind the urchins' back and it deeply hurt her. However, I focus back on correcting why I was here, "The detective has been kidnapped."

Maze suddenly froze in her position, then slowly turned around to face me. Knowing that demons don't deal with emotions well, however I couldn't tell if she had an 'I don't care" look, or a 'what the hell happened' look. She broke the silence and asked, "And?"

"And, I think she's in serious danger, Maze" I added in a calm tone while trying not to reveal a frown, even if it was small.

"That's why I'm here, Maze. I will take you home, back to Hell..." I started my ideal deal which raises Maze's head in surprise.

I ended the sentence, "If you stay and looked out for the urchin."

Maze breathed out through an 'o' shape in her mouth, "Oh, that may be difficult." And, I agreed with her comment. The small child will still be angry with Maze if she ever did come back to look after her, however if these priests who took the detective may try to abduct her daughter, and I will not let that happen. Then, Maze suggested, "Why can't I go with you and find her? I am a bounty hunter."

I began listing down my reasons, "First of all, I got all the help I need. Second, who will look after the urchin? And finally, I won't let you come because of your betrayal."

My last reason shocked the senses out through Maze's lovely brown eyes. "When did I?" she tried to act innocent, but that only boiled my rage hotter.

"Oh, so you and Pierce won't just plan on how to kill him, then frame me!" my voice raised in a dark tone, but with a pitch of fake laughter.

"That son of a bitch!" Maze growled quietly to herself.

"No, I'm the son of a God-like bitch who allowed the detective to get abducted" I quickly spoke over as my red eyes shortly blazed in front of Maze, "Pierce, is just a rotten bastard who got her into this situation!"