Chapter 10: Do I Scare You?

Chloe's Pov

The beautiful orange sky quickly vanishes into blackness, meaning that the night has arrived. After walking far and away from the creepy priests and their church, I finally stopped in a pub called 'The Bungalow' thankfully it wasn't many people there, fewer noises and fewer distractions. I entered inside expecting some eyes staring at me strangely but there were none. I sat myself down with my bent elbows on the wooden counter, my hands cuddled together and resting my lips on my soft fingers. After running and walking and facing the truth, I was still breathless, with no air in my lungs because I was still panicking. My mind was completely blank because I didn't know what to do. I want to call the police department or any one of my friends or family to get me. Oh, how I wanted to get home so badly. Wanting to get Trixie in my arms and hug her so tight like I never want to let her go. I wanted to get back to my normal, but I can't.

Lucifer will be there, I could imagine him giving me a welcome grin, but then my mind twisted back to the horrific pictures of him. I couldn't get them out of my mind, and that's when the tears starts falling out of my eyes again. Then there was Pierce, or Cian the world's first murderer. He used me like an object, as they all did, for their own selfish purpose. 

I whispered a bad habit prayer for myself, "Oh please God. Please, help me."

Then I stopped as I just remember God is real, but I remembered the worse, he created me. I wasn't meant to exist because my parents couldn't have kids, this was just all part of his plan. I was positioned as a pawn to play in an unfair game of lies and cheats. Father Kinley's suggestion came back to me as I thought that maybe I was born to kill Lucifer. But, was I? After these three years, why now? Thousands of questions spinning sickly across my mind, "Was my dad's death part of this? What about Trixie? Is her daughter something else? Dan? Pierce? Lucifer? Why was I part of this? I never asked for this!"

Unaware that there was a bar-lady standing on the other side of the counter, she was older than me and she was dark brown hair with a strip of white hair shorty across the front side. She gazed down at me in compassion when she noticed my quiet sobs. I slide a white napkin out of her side pocket and handed it to me, I finally heard her low, yet sweet voice, "I think you need this."

I took the napkin and quickly whipped the cold tears off from underneath my eyelids to the bottom of my cheeks. I replied with a small smile, "Thank you."

"So, who's the guy?" the bar-lady quickly asked. I gasped holding my breathe as my eyes went wide not in confusion because she knew that I was obviously upset, but shocked because she knew about what was wrong. Then she corrected her question, "Or lady? But I can see it's someone special. I've seen it before."

I breathed in deeply then out slowly calming down my nerves, and answered her question, "Yeah, it's a guy."

"Ah, and what has he done?" she continued questioning but I didn't mind, because I actually wanted to talk to someone normal and try to get everything that was screaming in my mind finally out.

I didn't want to say too much to confuse the lady, yet I wanted to yell out everything that has been happening. I started, "Let's just say he's completely the opposite man I thought he was."

"Ah, hon, they all are" the lady's voice sounded pitiful then it raised into a sassy tone, "When a man comes and does their first impression, you thought he's nice and smart and funny and all that." She cheekily snapped her fingers, "Then, BOOM, he showed up as a new man."

"Exactly. That is exactly my problem. And, honestly, I don't know what to do" I replied back, grateful that she understands the problem that I'm going through.

"Tell me everything" she commanded in a mentoring tone, advising me to explain my problem.

I began explaining, "Well I knew this guy, Lucifer for nearly three years...