Chapter 8: The Escape

Chloe's Pov

Later in the evening, Father Kinley thankfully took me out of that small room of nightmares. He held an eerily yet blissful smile on his face when I curiously allowed him to explain to me how he could send Lucifer back to hell. Guiding me on a long walk through some dark hallways with only one bulb light shining above and then another one after every ten metres. I was walking behind him, unknowing of what else he could be hiding in front of his eerie path. In no less than a minute, we arrived at another small room but happily, this room had two windows on one side of the wall. I could see the orange light of the evening shining through, sensing a natural hope in my lungs to breathe calmly and to crack a weak, but blissful grin. The room was very similar to the other room, with the same small table with two chairs on either side. Father Kinley pointed to me a chair on the other side of the table where I should sit. Once, I settled down and Father Kinley did the same on the other side, I stared at him waiting for his next move. Knowing he has prepared for something more up his sleeves, always has something while he tried to persuade to see his point of view. Seconds later, his right hand reached down to his secret pocket on the side, as a cop I expected it to be a knife or a gun. However, he revealed a small, innocent vial in front of me and my puzzled eyes narrowed.

I slowly picked up the small, circular vial and scanned around the tiny corners including the round lid at the top. I gazed back at Father Kinley and asked, "A vial?"

"Yes, it's an ornate thing. And it would sedate the devil because this does involve a little bit of poison" Father Kinley explained with a dark tone and wicked grin. He continued, "In Rome, my colleagues and I used this vial for demonic possession, and we thought it could work for the Devil. Supposedly, we uncovered a ceremony that would, and bear with me trap the devil in hell for all eternity."

My heart skipped a long beat that drowned me in a deep silence after hearing the priests' ceremony plan. I stare down at the bottle and my dry mouth began moving slowly, "So... this vial would..." the words sharply got stuck in the middle of my throat, "...kill Lucifer?"

"Precisely" Father Kinley creepily grinned at my understanding.

"So, why not you or any of your friends do it?" I questioned with a strong tone.

"Because only you can make Lucifer vulnerable" Father Kinley answered.

"But how? And why?" those were the only two questions that echoed loudly in my head as I questioned loudly to Father Kinley. When I told Lucifer he makes me vulnerable and I did the same to him, all I meant was I could trust him. But, now clearly he meant something else because now I understand that I could actually physically make him vulnerable. Remembering how he always says he is immortal, so he doesn't bleed, I remember my small conversation in the car by the warehouse where he explains to me how it feels when he gets shots. However, something wrong triggered me, Jimmy Branes shot Lucifer in the back shot and Lucifer was still alright, yet in the rest of all the dangerous cases we have been through he sometimes gets hurt. What the hell was the difference?

"We are not entirely sure, my dear. But, perhaps God bless you with the gift" Father Kinley answered.

I quickly shook my head, for I didn't believe in God. Yet, if Lucifer is the actual Devil, then it must be all true, Heaven and Hell, God and angels and demons. I shortly chuckled, "Why the hell would he do something like that?"

Father Kinley didn't answer straight away as he reached for something else on the other side of his pocket. His hands flatten it down on the table and revealed a square shape photograph based in the 1980s. My eyes widen in shock as it was my mum who was in it, but what shocked me to the core was that Amenadiel was there sitting with her. The closer I leaned in, the colder I could feel the chills down my spine, which means it must be real too. I was shocked as earlier when I saw Lucifer in one of those Nazi photographs.