Chapter 13: I'm A Devil of My Word

Lucifer's Pov

Carefully placing the detective down after I flew up to the next floor above, giving her a safe place to rest from the gunshot in her shoulder. Wrapping a long piece of clothing around her wound, I knew it was necessary but I hated to be the one to cause her this kind of pain when tightening the clothing. Yet, I've done worse to the detective. After hearing her confession about her true feelings for me, I questioned myself, "How could I've been so blind?" The detective had feelings for me, yet I pushed her away, I tried to tell the detective how I really feel for her but I ended up hurting her more.

Now, the detective is safe, at least if I keep Pierce and his men away from her. I unfolded my wings out wide, took a step off from the upper floor and glided down fast to the ground. I felt the air tenderly push my white wings back as I was aiming to land near two men, just before my feet touch the ground my wings swing forward and smacked the two men harshly to the ground. My wings powerfully blew some of my fallen, bloody feathers off the floor. When I landed perfectly, I rose up in almighty, unafraid of three men racing towards me, because a huge flap of my wings blows a hurricane at them, they all fall back over wooden boxes and hit themselves on metal columns.

In a spare second, my eyes caught Maze fighting and yelled, "Why are you here?"

Still fighting, Maze quickly replied back with a roar, "Saving your ass! What the hell do you think?"

"And Trixie?" I questioned, as I was concerned about the detective's offspring if she was in good hands.

"Safe with the babysitter" Maze answered, as she sliced her blades through the skins of the men's arms and legs.

I got caught with a guy with a bigger knife trying to cut through me, till I dodged his hands and then twisted his hand so he accidentally swings his knife down to his knee. However, I wasn't done asking Maze, "How did you find me?"

"Some criminals I was tracking were gone, till I check their payments for stealing weapons or murder, and guess who pays them?" Maze hits the men and kicks them hard as one crashed into a wooden box, and then she threw one of her blades at the chest of one of the men. She finally faced me for the answer, "Pierce."

Maze continued fighting more men, however my eyes darkly darted at the man who started it all. Pierce was hiding half of himself behind a stone column until his eyes meet mine. His sly hands load his gun and were ready to swing it up to aim it at me, similarly, I was ready to use my wounded, bloody wings for protection.

"Lucifer!" another voice echoed from the existing door of another staircase on the side of the room.

"Amenadiel?" I turned around and was deeply bewildered to see my brother at the top of the floor. I was going to ask why my brother was here at this wrong moment until I spotted by the corner of my eye that Pierce shifted his target from me to Amenadiel. "Get out!" I screamed, and thankfully Amenadiel jumped back at the last second before getting shot.

Maze launched at Pierce with her blades, so Pierce can focus on her instead of trying to kill Amenadiel. I highly doubt that fool mortal could defeat hell's greatest fighter, but I have to admit Pierce was a trained fighter. I looked across gazing at my brother, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"You texted me to come" Amenadiel answered, checking outside the exit door to see if Pierce has his gun out to target him.

Another man came to attack me from behind the sound of his roaring, waiting for the right moment when he was close enough till I flapped my wings back which hit one of them and fly backwards. I turned to face my brother again and my eyes went narrow in confusion, "What? No, I haven't done such a thing since we last talked."