Chapter 14: I Don't Want to Lose You

Chloe's Pov

There was so much light blurring through my eyes when I tried to open them. My eyelashes didn't seem to help unfortunately to stop the bright light from blinding me. I tried to move my head around so I won't be facing the bright light, but it only aches the spine in my neck. Fortunately, the light was starting to get lower so I could open my eyes a bit more. Soon, my version began to be clearer, although still blurry but after scanning around I realised that I was in a bright, silent hospital room. From the corner of my eye, I spotted something else in my blurry version, like a human figure sitting by the side of the room. I blinked a few times before my version became completely clear.

"Dan?" my sure voice mumbled quietly, but Dan managed to hear me.

"Hey..." Dan jumped off his chair and walked to my side of my bed, he gently held my hand, "How are you doing?"

I happily smiled, "I'm good. Trixie?"

"She's good. Back home. She can't wait to see you" Dan explained, the mention of my daughter's name and knowing that she was okay made me grow a wide, happy smile.

"Hey, how long have I been out?" I asked which made Dan lose his smile slightly.

"Nearly three mouths" Dan answered, and it made me widen my eyes and lost my whole smile, "I know. You were unconscious for a long time."

"From the stab wound?" I wondered if my memories were to starting to come back to me all at once like watching five films at the same time. I remember the gunfires from Pierce's men, Lucifer's wings and his Devil face. The last thing I remember was Father Kinley stabbing a knife in my belly. Then everything went blurry and cold, as though my life was suddenly swept away from me, I thought I was dreaming at the time because at one time I felt like I was falling from something. There were loud cries echoing in my mind screaming "Detective! Grab my hand!" those cries sound like Lucifer. I couldn't remember when Lucifer was screaming like that, which panics me about what else has happened that I can't remember.

However, Dan held a puzzled look and asked, "What stab wound?"

My eyes narrowed in confession, as I darted my eyes passed down my body and my hand softly press on the side of my belly. Even though my fingers touch the surface of my pale, blue hospital clothing, but I couldn't manage to find a wound mark on my skin. I gasped at the wound's disappearance, until Dan added, "But, the wound in your shoulder is still healing."

I remembered the shot wound in my right shoulder from Pierce, I remembered Pierce's death, it was right after I heard a shout, "I'm a Devil of my word!" It brought my attention at that time, I remembered getting up and walking around the top floor, while hearing Lucifer enjoyably speaking about Pierce going to Hell and being tortured for all eternity. It draws my mind back to Lucifer, I gaze up at Dan and wondered, "Hey, what happened to Lucifer?"

"He's in the other room" Dan answered, "He's been sleeping unconsciously, same time as you. Something about his back, but he's healing"

I wondered why Lucifer would be in the hospital like me if he is immortal. Then I remember, he's only vulnerable when I am close to him. I shut my eyes and sign, feeling bad that Lucifer is in the hospital unconscious for these short mouths because I was staying in the room next to him.

"I'll go and eat you something to eat" Dan suggested, he left the room after we smiled at each other.

I rested my eyes for a few minutes, I wanted to sleep again in peace. But, my mind was drawn back to Lucifer, I thought of the future; what would I do when I see him? What should I say? I mean, sometimes when I closed my eyes, I could still see that monstrous face of his, but then I remember his wings. They were huge, white, and beautiful. That is why I was not fully afraid of Lucifer, when I saw his Devil face, because Lucifer saved me from the gunfire, he fought for me. His face may look monstrous, but somehow I knew he was still Lucifer, the same partner I worked with for years.