Chapter 16: Love and Forgiveness

Chloe's Pov

Last night, I slept much better in the hospital, especially after I talked to Lucifer while he was asleep about how I felt about him and how I feel now. My head rests down on my comfortable pillow and my heavy eyelids closed over my eyes, for I didn't want to open them for a while. I wasn't afraid of sleeping in the dark anymore, I wasn't afraid of anyone trying to kidnap me or kill me. Knowing that the people who care for me as much as I cared for them were outside my room looking after me. Dan decided to stay with me overnight, he didn't mind sleeping on the chair inside my room.

When morning arrived the sun's bright light shone through the windows of my room. The light softly touched the right side of my face and forced me to crack the sleep dust stuck on my eyelashes. Moving my head from side to side on my pillow just to warm up the muscles in my neck. I practice flicking my eyelids open until I feel like I can open them fully. I scanned around my empty room and noticed that Dan wasn't in the room. After taking three deep breathes in and out, I gradually slide my legs to the side of the bed so they would slowly hang over the edge and pull me upwards. Feeling slightly energic in my legs, thinking I could practice walking carefully like I did last night. Taking baby steps as I circled around the side of my room.

At the same time, Dan entered inside the room and a tray lay flat on his hands. The tray was filled with two pieces of toast and a bowl of cereal. He greeted me with a warm smile, "Morning."

"Morning Dan" I grin happily.

Dan placed the tray on the table, he walked towards me and we hugged each other tightly. I was so happy to see Dan again, as a close friend and as someone I knew I could trust and who can comfort me whenever I was in trouble.

We soon released each other and Dan asked, "How are you feeling?"

"Not too bad actually" I answered. And it was true, it was quite a surprise to me because the bullet wound in my shoulder should still be hurting me, instead, there was just a painless mark on the front of my shoulder. I didn't know how, but I guessed Lucifer had something to do with it. Thinking of the devil, I wondered about last night and how I talk to him when he was sleeping. Today would be the best day for me to try and talk to him for real, about how I really feel about him.

Dan and I had our breakfast, he talked about how Trixie was so worried about me, it broke my heart. He mentioned how Trixie got grumpy and mad whenever Maze was around since Lucifer asked her to look after my child since my kidnapping. How Ella continued praying every morning and evening for me to get well and better, including Lucifer. Dan called my mum that I was in the hospital again, but my mum said she was busy acting in huge filming somewhere in New York, my mum said she would only come if my life was really at 'death's door.' For God's sake!

After breakfast, I put on some of my normal, casual clothes that Dan brought for me. I felt great wearing my own clothes again because the hospital, white clothing sometimes makes me feel sick like I'm at death's door, they always remind me of those horrible memories of me in the hospital. Walking in my own comfortable shoes, I was finally out of that room. I walked through the hallway with Dan by my side to hold my arm, by the corner of my eye I quickly noticed that the blinds were shut in Lucifer's room. The feelings of curiosity and anxiousness began to mix in my bloodstream at the same time.

I walked up to the door and knocked, "Lucifer!" I called but my only answer was silence.

"Dan, did you see Lucifer this morning?" I looked back at Dan and ask.

"No, sorry" Dan moved his shoulders meaning he doesn't know anything.

I opened the door widely, but the room was completely empty and brightened from the sunlight through the window, the bed was neat and tidy, but Lucifer wasn't there. I didn't understand, I talk to him just last night, and now he disappeared out of thin air.