Chapter 7: New Plans

Amenadiel's Pov

After hearing the news about Chloe, I knew that my brother, Lucifer would have been heartbroken. And, those sure cracks on his heart will be filled with his own poison of wrath and grief if something ever happens to her. I know I needed to heal this, and help my brother fix whatever it takes. With or without my father's miracle help, but I will still have faith. I know Lucifer was working his way to find Chloe, however I am still worried about Pierce. My gut forecasted something else that he was hiding, something sly and dark, and whatever it is I cannot let it succeed. Therefore, there is one person who could get into someone's head. Someone as human as Pierce is now.

Rushing back to the precinct, I headed down to Ella's lab and saw Charlotte inside. I knocked on the door and watched Charlotte turning around with some papers in her hands, she welcomed me with a kind smile, "Hey, Amenadiel."

I smiled back while closing the door, "Hey Charlotte. This a bad time?"

"No, not at all" she replied.

I walked into the lab slowly, rubbing my hands anxiously, "I assume that you heard about Chloe."

"Yeah..." Charlotte sighed in sorrow as I could see it infection tearing in her eyes while she was trying to hide it. She sucked a deep breathe in and tried to say something positive, "I... um... was trying help out, with the case."

"Oh. Great" I cheered, then quickly changed the subject, "Anyway, I was hoping that you might be able to help me out again."

She began nodding and began explaining, "I know, I know we failed to prove Pierce is The Sinnerman. But, I've still been digging, and I am confident that eventually..."

"Actually, I'm taking a different angle this time, Charlotte" I irrupted her before she could begin explaining her discovery.

"Any chance to get in His good graces, I'm in" Charlotte rolled her eyes up and then back to me, a way to think of my father and to help in anyway in his honour.

"The thing is, Pierce seems to genuinely be in love. I feared this might end up bad for everyone" I explained, "To stop this, we would have to understand him, and that guy is impenetrable."

Charlotte walked back and pulled out a chair and sat down while still facing me, "Well, if being a trial lawyer has taught me anything. It's that there's always a way to get inside someone's head, is to get them to have a change of heart."

I walked over and grabbed a chair for myself to sit on, as I looked at Charlotte with curious eyes, "Okay. Go on."

"Well, you and Pierce are both former immortals that became mortal" she pointed to my loss of wings and power, then continued explaining, "So, you could dig into your own fears and insecurities, weaponize them. It may not be easy, but..."

"But worthy of a test" I ended the sentence.

"Exactly" Charlotte nodded in agreement, she clicked her finger and pointed her finger like a shotgun.

Charlotte expected to see a glimpse of hope painted on my face, except she saw some more worriedness on my face as she wondered, "Amenadiel, what's the matter?"

I looked over my shoulder to see if no one was close around the door entrance, then faced Charlotte and broke down my theory, "You don't think... Pierce has anything to do with Chloe's abduction, do you?"

Charlotte reacted surprised when I asked her that question, her mouth rapidly became dry and her voice was speechless. Soon, she managed to get her voice back and whispered, "What? You think he's involved?"

I couldn't truthfully say that he is when I'm not even sure if it is true. I'll just be lying to Charlotte and myself. So, I cleared my answer, "Well, he is Cain and the Sinnerman, so there could be a chance..."