Epilogue

Yuzuru:

I hope I'm not late I thought to myself as I jogged my way through to the rink where Javi was teaching his class. After he'd officially announced his retirement from competitive figure skating to the world everyone had asked what next. Javi's answer had seemed obvious. What had started out as punishment from Coach Brian had developed into something Javi could really enjoy doing with his time. He was still skating and he got to share his passion with the little kids in his hometown of Madrid while spending time with his father who wasn't doing too well these days. Phillipe had been sad to see his new skating teacher go but was happy with his classes from the last time I spoke to him.

"Now, if we want to do a flying sit spin do you remember what we need to do first?" Javi asked the kids in front of him but they weren't really paying attention. A few of them had spotted me creeping up behind him and were looking at me with wide eyes and open mouths. "Pablo? What are you..." He turned around just as I got right behind him and the kids burst out laughing when he got a fright. "Jesus...what are you..." His eyes softened. "When did you get here? I thought you were going to stay off your ankle longer."

"I'm already not doing Skate Canada, how much longer do you want me to suffer?" After the Olympics my ankle had swelled up again and my doctor had fussed and huffed until I agreed to stay off it longer to let it heal properly.

"You're such a baby."

"I'm your baby." I argued and he smirked.

"Are you, now?"

"Don't look at me like that with children in the room." I said quietly.

"How am I looking at you?" I raised my eyebrow and he snickered. "Little ones, I think that will be all for our lesson today." He said and to his surprise everyone erupted in a chorus of complaints.

"Can't we see one cool trick before we go?" A little girl sitting at the back asked and everyone around her agreed. 

"Please Mr Hanyu?" I checked with Javi and he shrugged.

"If you want to." He knew more than anyone how difficult it was to say no when I so badly didn't want to disappoint anyone and he'd been firm in teaching me that it was OK to say no sometimes. But they were just excited little children...

A few hydroblades and a Biellman spin later they were happy enough to go home.

"You're a great teacher." I said to him as he stacked the cones away in the storage room.

"Really? Sometimes I don't feel like it."

"Trust me. I can tell. They love you."

"Mmm." He hummed simply and clapped his hands when he was done. "You want to go to lunch?"

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"Are you accepting?"

"I could eat." I let him lead me outside the rink and we both skidded to a stop when we saw it was raining.

"Did you bring an umbrella?" He asked me.

"No. Did you?"

"No." His eyes filled with a look I knew very well though.

"Javi..." I warned him but he just laughed and pulled me out into the rain with him.

"Come on, Dumpling. It's just a little water." I snorted but he was right. It was just a little water. In fact it reminded me of that time when I'd first come to Toronto. It had been raining and he'd taken me to lunch as well then.

"Javi?" I called out to him and he stopped, the rain soaking his hair and beading on his eyelashes.

"Yeah?" I smiled at him and shook my head.

"Nothing I just...Let's ...vamos."

Let me just start by saying that when I started writing this story, it was mostly for myself. I didn't think this would get very many reads at all lol. Yuzuvier has a very special place in my heart and I needed to give them a beautiful story that I could look at and fall in love with them even more. It's taken me quite a while but I feel like I've managed to achieve that for myself and for that alone I'm happy and terribly sad that its over. For everyone who tagged along for this story with me, thank you. I read every comment and I see every vote.

Technically speaking I don't usually write stories that are as research heavy as this one was and I don't know if I'll do it again but I hope everyone can appreciate that while I am a fan of figure skating, I'm also NOT an expert. So if things happened that made you go wait a minute that doesn't sound right...it probably doesn't. But I remembered somewhere along the way that this story; while as ultra realistic as I could make it; is still fiction. And in this fictional universe, I am my own god. SO I can do whatever I want. Therefore, the rules of the human universe don't matter. Muhahahahaha.

Anyway, I digress. Its been a long road. If you've made it this far: Thank you.

Also: Bonus Chapter coming up. What's going on over there, hmm?