Chapter Thirty One

A/N: Not in school anymore but I'm still helping my sister with essays and English Orals... Lord help me lol. Let's see if I have enough English left in me.

Javier:

"This is your hometown?" I asked Yuzu as we entered Sendai. He nodded slowly, watching the scenery as we drove past.

"It still looks the same." He said quietly.

"Why would it change?" I chuckled and he blinked at me.

"No, it's ...I mean after the earthquake. It's still the same."He said and I saw what he meant when we drove past a building that was more or less just a pile of rubble now.

"Oh..." I sobered at the thought of a young Yuzu being trapped under a pile of rubble and a swift wave of nausea hit me so hard I couldn't even swallow. I met his eyes when I felt his hand rest over mine. He looked at me questioningly but I just shook my head.

It didn't take much longer to get to his house. His face lit up as soon as the car pulled up in the driveway and he was out like a shot, disappearing through the front door before I even got out.

"Ai, he's so ..." Okaasan sighed fondly when she couldn't think of a word. I hooked my arm around hers with a smile and led her up the pathway.

"If he was anything else, he wouldn't be Yuzu."

"I wouldn't have so many gray hairs." She quipped back and I laughed out loud. I could hear Yuzu laughing inside the house as well as we stepped through the front door.

"You've gotten bigger." A strong stocky man was saying to Yuzu in Japanese, patting him on the chest.

"Of course I did." He beamed when he spotted his mother and I, skipping over quickly. "Javi. Come, I want you to meet my father." He gestured happily and dragged me closer. "Otousan, this is Javi. My..." His face flickered briefly with a small grimace and his eyes went to his mother.

"His boyfriend. The one I told you about." She said helpfully as she took off her coat.

"The one..." Yuzu laughed to cover his nervousness. "Is there another one I don't know about?" His mother laughed sharply and left us in the foyer, vanishing somewhere around the corner. Probably the kitchen.

Silence.

"What did you say his name was again?" His father asked and Yuzu's cheeks flushed darker.

"His name is Javier, Otousan." He mumbled.

"Javier?" He raised his eyebrow at me and I froze, not really sure what I was supposed to do. I know Yuzu bowed a lot when he met people and it had started to become a habit of mine too...

"Konnichiwa." I dipped low, squeezing my hands anxiously. "Hajime mashite. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

"You can speak Japanese?" His eyes stayed glued to my face.

"Uh...only a little." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Sana is teaching him." Yuzu said and his father just nodded.

"I see."

"Your father hates me." I hissed into the darkness.

"He doesn't hate you." Yuzu laughed. I snorted and rolled over to face him.

"He barely spoke to me."

"That doesn't mean anything." He huffed. "He's a quiet person."

"I don't believe you."

"Whether you believe me or not doesn't mean it isn't true." He pointed out.

"Whatever." I grumbled and rolled back so I was looking up at the ceiling. I couldn't see it though. Yuzu had some serious black out curtains in his room for those times when he really needed to get to sleep before competitions. After a quick lunch with his family we'd retreated to his room to catch up on some sleep before we went wherever it was that he was taking me.

"Javi."

"What?" I grunted miserably. I got a fright when I felt the him sneak under my blanket on my separate bed. "Huh?" He had been insistent on us sleeping separately so we could actually get some sleep...

"I'm serious." He said softly near my ear. "He really doesn't. Don't worry about it."

"OK." I breathed in the smell of his shampoo when he tucked his head under my chin.

When the car pulled up in front of the gigantic sparkling steel and white building, I sat in my seat a little confused.

"I don't get it..."

"Out. Out, out." Sana pushed me out of the car so she could get out too.

"Ta-da!" Yuzu made jazz hands at the building but no matter how hard I tried, I still didn't understand why we were standing in front of a hospital.

"We got the bags. You go ahead." Sana shooed us forward and I shuffled inside with Yuzu.

"I know you're confused." He said with a smile.

"Good." He tsked and smacked my arm.

"I told you before. That I had an idea for what to do with all the Winnie the Pooh dolls I get after I skate." He started and I suddenly got it. "After the earthquake, something as simple and bright and happy as a doll helped me get through the day." He took a look around at the hospital as we strolled through it. "I know that there are a lot of little children who might still need that. It doesn't matter if it's an earthquake or a broken arm or cancer." His lips thinned gravely. "If I can help put a smile on another child's face... that would make me really happy."

He looked like he was nervous that I would think his idea was stupid which was fucking ridiculous beyond belief.

"I think that's a really beautiful idea, Yuzu."

"You do?" He folded his arms over his chest and worried his bottom lip.

"Why on earth would this be a bad idea?" I asked when we saw Sana and Okaasan stumble through the doors with a large bag on a big pull-trolley.

"I don't know." He shrugged and scuffed the floor with his sneaker. "So many celebrities do stuff like this all the time. I guess it feels like ..." He sighed and lifted his shoulders again. "Like people would laugh at me. Maybe it would be better just to give them money, which they really need by the way, rather than some stupid plush toys."

"Yuzu, nothing about this is stupid." I grabbed him by the shoulders so he would stop fidgeting. "What kids don't love getting new toys? Hmm? And yes, you could give them money, but you just said it a second ago. Money isn't going to put a smile on their faces. Money doesn't make them feel special and warm inside. Please don't think this is stupid. What you're doing is amazing."

"Really?" He whispered and I pulled him closer to give him a hug. I kept it innocent enough since we were in public but I did press my lips on his temple for a moment.

"This is bag number one, guys." Sana huffed. "We still have 2 more hospitals to go to tonight. Let's get a move on!"

"Let's go!" Okaasan cheered in English making Yuzu laugh.

"Yes! Lets vamos!" I pushed a giggling Yuzu towards the elevators.