Chapter Seventeen

Javier:

For the first time in a long time, I woke up before my alarm rang. It was slow; like I was thawing after a long cold winter. By the time my eyelids fluttered open, my brain was semi-awake as well. Full bodily function would only happen once coffee was in my system.

I was surprised to see that Yuzu was still in the bed with me. He'd said he could stay last night but I guess I had expected him to leave early in the morning like he had last time... I was glad he hadn't. The sun wasn't quite up yet, but there was enough light in the room for me to take in his features while he slept. I had never seen his hair this messy before; and I never knew that when he closed his eyes, the skin on his lids were just the smallest hint of purple. His arm was under his cheek, squashing it flat and making his pretty little mouth warp into something of an S. I said it all the time, but he really was just the cutest thing I had ever seen.

I debated whether or not I should wake him for a second, but I knew we had to get to practice sooner rather than later so I gave in to the urge to touch him, surging forward and pressing a soft kiss to his lips. They were warm and soft and he stirred briefly in his sleep.

"Yuzu..." I whispered against his lips. He shifted again and when my lips found their way down to his neck, he moaned softly.

"Javi?"

"We need to get up."

"No..." He whined and I chuckled as he sank deeper into the blankets.

"Up. If you shower first, I'll make you breakfast."

"Breakfast?" One of his beautiful brown eyes opened so he could peek at me. "Do you know how much sugar you put in my hot chocolate? Now you want to make me breakfast? Are you trying to kill me?"

"As tempting as that is..." I brushed my nose along the length of his jaw. "No, I'm not trying to kill you." I sat back and regarded him seriously. "Do you want me to stop making you hot chocolate?"

"Don't you dare." He muttered darkly and pushed his way out of the sheets, stumbling towards the bathroom. I let myself admire him in his naked glory until he shut the door, then groaned as I got up too. Hmm... I guess it was too close to competition time for me to be slacking off as much as I was. I couldn't deny that I definitely had more energy to give when I followed the diet Coach had laid out for me.

By the time Yuzu was out of the shower and dressed in some of my spare workout clothes, I had breakfast ready and on the table. His eyebrows shot up when I slid the dish in front of him when he sat down.

"This looks healthy."

"It is healthy." I smacked the back of his head and grabbed my own dish, sliding in the stool next to his. "Eat fast. We have about 10 minutes." Yuzu contemplated the plate in front of him for a while before he picked up his fork and took a bite.

"It's good."

"Eat."

"I didn't know you could cook."

"I live alone. I kind of have to." I nodded at his plate. "Eat."

"Who taught you how to cook?"

"Ay Dios mio..." I snickered. "My mother taught me how to cook." I waited for him to say something else but he put his head down and continued eating quietly. I rinsed the plates when we were done and stacked them in the dishwasher before starting to brew some coffee for myself and making Yuzu his hot chocolate. He watched me with his head resting on his hands, snorting softly when he saw just how much sugar I actually did put in it.