Chapter Forty Three

A/N: At this point is anyone still waiting? Lol. Gomen! An avalanche of stuff seems to happen all the time and then I get lazy and then there's another avalanche and then I get more lazy and then I get caught up in a series of dramas that wont let my brain switch off so these voices can SPEAK to me...sigh.

Anyway as I mentioned before this will be a double update because...you'll understand. Let's go!

I promised myself if I don't finish the next chapter, I won't watch my invisible husbands live tomorrow (If you have me on WhatsApp, you know who I'm talking about...my baby :(     ... )

Javier:

"Yuzuru, matte! Yuzu!" I stumbled over my feet as I hurried towards the elevator, but it was already closing and I didn't have my shoes on. I swore loudly and paused to slip them on properly and then bolted for the stairway. I didn't understand what was going on, but I had to get to him before he left.

I hopped the last few stairs and skidded to a stop in front of the elevator bank, but all the doors were open. I spun around in a wild circle but he was just...gone.

"Yuzu?" I ran outside onto the sidewalk but it was like he'd vanished into thin air. "Fuck..." I hissed heatedly and patted my pockets for my phone before I remembered I'd left it behind in my apartment.

"Is everything OK?" Miki asked when I got back.

"I don't know." I muttered and grabbed my phone. No messages. No missed calls. I tried to call Yuzu but all it did was ring forever until finally sending me to voicemail. "Shit." I ran my hands through my hair and looked at Miki for help but she just blinked her eyes at me uselessly.

"Is he not picking up?"

"Of course he isn't picking up." I growled and kicked at a cushion that had fallen to the floor. "I... I don't know what happened." I had been waiting for weeks for Yuzu to talk to me and somehow I'd managed to fuck it up before we could even say anything to each other.

"I think maybe I should go." She said carefully and picked up her bag, heading for the door.

"Miki..."

"I know you, Javi. You're itching to go for look for him. And you should." She said hooking her bag over her shoulder and slipping on her shoes. "I'll be here for the next few days. Call me when you find him."

"Wait." I grabbed her arm when she opened the door. "At least let me wait for your Uber with you. It's getting dark."

It had started to rain as soon as Miki had left but I'd wasted enough time already; going back to my apartment for umbrella would be ridiculous. It was just a little water. I could handle water. I just needed to find Yuzu.

Where would he go? Home? Maybe. I pulled up his mother's number on my phone and gave her a call.

"Moshi moshi? Javier?"

"Okaasan. Hi." I breathed and ran a hand through my wet curls. "Can I ask you if Yuzu is home right now?"

"Yuzuru? I... iie. He ran out of here a while ago. Was he not going to see you? We thought..." She trailed off and I swore into the air silently.

"OK. Thank you. I'll call you later." I hung up quickly and started running. If he wasn't at home, the only other place he probably was, was the ice rink.