Chapter Twenty Eight

A/N: "I'll update tomorrow." ...I said this two days ago... le sigh. Sorry. After Christmas break, I thought I could just slip right back into this and it was a lot harder to focus than I thought it would be. Granted, I was a little heart broken. I've finished The Untamed and I feel like crying all the time now. Don't judge me. I'm a little bit of a baby. But it was really really beautiful and I hope some of you have at least taken the time to check it out. I think I've rewatched it like 4 times already. Those two will be in my heart forever. Seriously.

Enough chit chat. Here's the next chapter. Thanks @Sheicat for letting me text you for Spanish ...

Javier:

"Wow. This is so cool." Phillipe muttered as he looked around the ice rink. I had been training here for so long, it was hard to look at it with new eyes. The ice, the walls...it was always the same.

"Come on, little monkey." I slapped him on the back. "Let's get laced up." He sat down next to me on the bench and watched me avidly as I tied my laces, then copied me efficiently, tugging on the laces and rotating his ankle to check the feel. "Good?"

"Good." He nodded once.

"Up you get." I said and watched him hobble his way after me onto the ice. Right now I could understand why this other teacher was treating their students 'like babies'. It was painful watching him stumble his way around on the ice. In my life time, I'd fallen more times than there were stars in the sky. It was art of skating. I also knew how fragile the human body was, especially when you were growing. I winced when Phillipe made a small noise and landed on his butt, but let him get back up by himself.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Hey. Everyone falls. You're good. Let's start with trying to get to the other end." I said and he pursed his lips resolutely.

I groaned as I dropped back on my bed and closed my eyes when I caught a whiff of Yuzu's cologne. He'd left a few days ago but the smell of him on my sheets was still strong. It took 6 rings for him to answer.

"Moshi moshi?" Yuzu blinked into the camera and rubbed his eyes.

"Te extraño." I said softly and he paused.

"Javi?" The way his smile altered his voice made my lips twitch too.

"Seguías dormido?"

"You know I can't understand you, right?"

"Te dije que aprendieras." I chuckled as he huffed in frustration.

"Javi..."

"No tienes que entenderme. Solamente quería escuchar tu voz."

"You know it's 5am here. I was enjoying sleeping in..." He yawned sleepily and I wanted to brush my finger over the screen. He did look tired. Now I felt bad. This was his first real sort of break since training had gotten more intense the last few weeks.

"Lo siento. Lo olvidé."

"Do you have a subtitles button on you somewhere?" He murmured with a pout. "OK. OK. I get it. Learn some Spanish." I grinned at him and he rolled his eyes. "Do you have to look so happy about it?"

"Soy muy feliz." I murmured. "I'll let you go back to sleep, OK?"

"Omae wa...hontou ni..." He clicked his tongue and sighed heavily. "I'll talk to you later, OK?"