Confidential ≠ Avoidance, But I Avoid My Past Like You Do Your Mental Health

Tommy's jaw dropped as the male smiled at him, with his chin propped up on his hands. "How—how the fuck do you know who I am?"

"I know everything."

Tommy stared at him.

"Just kidding," the Admiral laughed. "I only know some things. We do have a file on you," he added, typing something into his datapad and then holding it out. Tommy took it with slightly shaking hands, still in shock that the Admiral knew about—him. Who his parents were—or at least, who Sam was.

Thomas Innes

↳ Age

↳ 17 Standard Years

↳ Species

↳ Avian

↳ Family

↳ Son of (deceased) Captain Sam Innes & (deceased) Lieutenant Clara Innes of the H.M.S Fran

↳ Nephew to (deceased) co-Captain Cara Puffy of the H.M.S Fran

↳ Brother to (deceased) Clementine Innes (aged four months)

↳ Additional Notes

↳ The only known crew survivor of the H.M.S Fran; could possibly contain information on Captain Sam's lost missions

↳ One of the three known survivors of the Red Planet's Genocide, and also the leader of the Children's Rebellion. See Purpled and Ranboo for more information.

↳ Spent nearly a total of five years in the asteroid prison known as the Wasteland

↳ One of the last remaining Avians in the universe

He nearly dropped the datapad from the shock as he read the contents. The Admiral caught it with a deft hand, placing it back down on the desk.

"How—how the fuck do you know all this?" he demanded, hands clenched in fists.

"It's relatively easy to figure out who you were," the Admiral said quietly, no anger returned in his eyes. "I've known you've existed ever since you were born."

"And the rest of the Rebellion...?" he asked.

"Your file is classified," the Admiral responded. "I'm the only one who's seen it, as technically, Avians as a species fall under my line of knowledge. Usually, there'd be a species leader, but...well." So he was Human.

"But I don't get it," Tommy said, staring at his hands like they were going to bite. "How do you have this information?"

"Your parents sent me the details of your birth when you were born," the Admiral admitted. "Your...sister's, as well, before she passed." Tommy winced, squeezing his eyes shut. "I learned the rest from your friend. Purpled."

So that's what he meant by 'I'm sorry,' Tommy thought with dawning horror. "He...told you?"

"He told someone for the benefit of the Galactic Rebellion," the Admiral corrected. "About Pogtopia. About Alyssa...Foolish...Grian...and a boy named Tommy who had walked away to get revenge. Captain Philza sent me a comm about an uninvited guest they'd picked up on their mission—namely you—and he mentioned that you were extremely talented." The Admiral shrugged. "After he said you were an Avian, I put the pieces together."

Tommy swallowed, reaching into his pocket and withdrawing the letter of recommendation. "I...have this for you," he said, stuttering slightly.

The Admiral took it and set it on the desk without unrolling it. "You're already in, kid. I have your names and classes. You said you wanted to follow the Command path and become a pilot?"