The Unexpected Clash!

It's Nayan's first day to college. She is excited and nervous at the same time.

The whole college is busy dancing alongside Samar and the basketball team, his eyes fall on the sounds of someone's anklets, ringing like a bare violin in his ears. He stopped dancing and jumping around and walks towards the sound of those anklets, completely drained in the sound, moving away everyone in his way, even the principal. It was as if some strong magnet was pulling him closer towards the sound. As Samar reached the end of the main hallway, he noticed a girl walking down the corridor steps, her face as simple as an innocent angel. He smiles as suddenly he feels a gush of air blow his hair away from his face, sending shrills down his spine. She wore a pink churidaar and looked very nervous.

Samar placed his eyes down to her feet, to see the anklets dancing around those clear, warm feet. He blushes and walks up to her, not thinking what would happen next.

"Hello." Samar said trying to act like a nice boy.

"Hi." She replied, looking up and lowering her eyelids down once again. He could see she was nervous and Samar liked girls who were nervous.

He smiles and suddenly pulls her into a hug. The girl Nayan doesn't respond back at first, staying frozen where she was, perhaps shocked or taken aback by this sudden behaviour. Once she gets into her full senses, she starts fighting against him and pulls him off her, pushing him away.

"Hey babe, chill! I was just greeting you! That is how Samar Goenka greets everyone!" He says, turning around to see the whole college stopping to see what had happened. This had been the first time anyone had ever dared to push him away from them.

Nayan looks up at the crowd watching her and gets nervous, but not afraid. She places her hand on his shoulder, who by now was smiling. She turns him around to face her and tightly slams her hand against his cheeks, making them turn partially pink. Everyone gasps at what had just happened.

"Never touch me again' ever!" she says, and walks away a shocked and angry Samar. As she is about to leave, she turns around and innocently says "Sorry for the slap by the way. That was not intended." And turns away and leaves.

Samar turns around to find everyone in the college staring at him in wide shock or horror as anyone could have described it. Images of the girl slapping him on the face flicker a fire in his mind. This had been the first time anyone had even dared to turn Samar Goenka down and even gone as far as slapping him. Feeling the anger and fire burning inside him, Samar aka Sam leaves in a huff, feeling that his honour and respect had just been tainted by that one girl.

While the hallways were in an uproar to welcome the basketball team, the college geek, also known as Kartik Goenka made his way to the library, ignoring all the chatter, and laughter and the noise. He wasn't a noisy person, more of a bookworm many would have described him. A part of him, even plugged his ears to avoid the noise while he walked to the library.

"I'll never understand why the college is in such an uproar about winning a basketball match. The debate team never gets this kind of a welcome when they come, even though I never want one anyways." Kartik says to himself.

Kartik goes to the library to see it locked. He reads a notice on the library door saying Library is CLOSED due to an epic win by the Basketball team. Please come back tomorrow.
Kartik sighs and angrily turns back to leave when he bumps into someone. A girl wearing a blue anarkali dress, and her hair tied up in a ponytail. He drops his binders and all the pages go flying up in the air. As Kartik tries to get a hold of his books, he remembers that the girl that he had bumped into was still in his arms, with her faced covered up by her duppata. He was confused as to what do to.

Naira smiled at herself, being held in the arms of her Raj as she had presumed while papers rained down on them. Even though her face was covered up by a duppata, much unlike those movies, where the actresses eyes came in contact with the hero's, but she knew, that nothing in her life had ever been perfect and this was just an exact copy of that. As she waits for her Raj to remove the duppata off her face, so she could see his face, he doesn't do that. Instead, she has to remove the duppata off her own face and while she did that, she saw the guy nervously looking down around her. As she moved her eyes around underneath her, she saw a whole pile of papers lying on the ground and felt proud. Too bad, those pile of papers were a pile of rose petals.

Kartik looked up at her eyes for the first time. He hadn't seen here in St.Xavier's college before. As she comes out of her dream and waits for her Raj to lift her up in his arms and make her feel like a princess, her dreams are shattered when her nervous Raj looks down at her and suddenly lets go of her, making her fall down to the ground.

"I am sorry but my class starts in 2 minutes!" Kartik says, not caring for the girl and quickly gathering his papers and runs to class.

Naira opens her mouth wide open in shock, and rubs her back. It hurt. This man could not have been her Raj because he was NOTHING like the Raj she had presumed. He was nothing but a lifeless character, who could think of nothing but books. Surinder Sahani of Rab Ne Mila Di Jodi she thought.

"Hey do you have eyes or not? Can't you see that a girl has just tripped in your arms but no! you don't have time? You idiot! If we ever meet again, I will tell you who this Naira Singhania is!" Naira yells after that guy who had just left before settling her hair and dress.

As she turned around to leave, she saw eyes looking at her as if she was a true original master piece. An embarrassed Naira makes this comment at those wandering eyes "What? Have you all not seen a girl yelling before?" she says, making everyone look at each other and then walks away.