Beautiful Scars

Suhana grabbed her hands and said "It's not like that Di..I am trying to move on. But you know how much efforts will it take from my side".

"But Suhana,see Kairav is also doing so many efforts to compromise with you. It's not easy for him as well..But perhaps this is important for both of you as a promise to Aarav" replied Aahana closing her eyes.

"Promise!?..What promise are you talking about Di?" asked Suhana baffled over it.

"Aarav made Kairav promise to be with you,if anything happens to him..Kairav is living upto it" replied Aahana consoling her sister while hugging her tightly.

So lost in the past Kairav never realized when he fell asleep holding Suhana's picture close to his heart. Around seven am his sleep broke with peeping sun rays, he rubbed his sleepy eyes and looked around trying to understand what just happened. He found himself lying partially on the bed while his legs dangled down, he was in the same white shirt and blue jeans that he had worn the previous day and that's when it all sunk in. He remembered leaving Nayan and returning home as per Naksh's instance...

Just then his eyes landed on Suhana's picture that he had been holding throughout the night and his eyes turned misty on its own accord...I miss you... he whispered caressing the picture as a lone tear finally made its way out of his eye. How he wished to have her with him right now in his arms, in their house, how he wished he could so something, anything to get her out of this situation...How he wished...How he just wished...

Rabba hai rabba

Ra kisi da tu kya laage

lo toote kache dhaage

phire dil maara maara

yaar da chhoota sahara

kyun hain bhala yeh dooriyan

kyun hain khala ab darmiyaan

He kissed the picture one more time and thereafter got up to take a quick shower so that he could rush to meet Suhana, only he knew how he survived all these hours without her and now he was not willing to wait for a single second more. He just had to see her, he had to make sure she was okay. Even though Naksh did assure him that everything would be fine yet he had to see for himself and so quickly dressing up in a light blue shirt and a pair of grey trousers he grabbed his belongings and made his way out of the house not even bothering to grab a cup of coffee let alone breakfast. He drove as fast as he could making it a point to pick a bunch of her favorite pink lilies on the way. Soon enough he reached his destination and without any further ado he rushed towards Suhana's room...As soon as he reached his excitement was overshadowed with nervousness, a certain kind of apprehension took over his heart as he remembered the last conversation he had with her.

He knew she was not happy with his decision, heck he wasn't happy either but he did not have a choice and he knew if not now later on she too would agree on this, but now he was scared as to how she would react on seeing him... Taking a deep sigh he opened the door with shivering hands  and as the door opened he found her sitting right where he saw her last the previous day and in the absolute same position that is at the far corner of the room, with her knees pulled up and face devoid of any emotions. His heart twisted at the thought that she had been sitting like that the whole night, on the cold floor...all alone and that very fact brought tears to his eyes. If only he had his way he wouldn't have let even the tiniest of trouble enter her life but clearly his choice was not taken into consideration...

Rabba tu itna bataa de

haan bataa de bataa de rabba

ki karaan main hunn ki karaan ve

haan bataa de bataa de rabba

He very slowly walked towards her and with every step he could feel his heartbeat rise for he was meeting her after more than 24 hours. The worse 24 hours of his life...On reaching near her he knelt down to reach her level and as soon as he did a tear finally made its way down his eyes.

"Suhana... "he whispered with so many emotions and Suhana who all along had been facing the other side turned her face towards him making Kairav smile a little in between his tears as he saw her respond to his voice, but the very next second his smile was wiped away as Ridhima once again turned her face towards the other side completely ignoring his presence. "Suhana... He tried calling her out once again by lightly placing his hand over hand but even before he could complete she very slowly moved her hand away wiping away any piece of hope that he had left in his heart. He lowered his eyes to hide his tears for every action of hers tore his heart into a million pieces.

Bhaaga bhaaga phirta hai yeh dil haaye

jaane aisi kya hai mushkil

tere bina jeena nahin hai haaye

tu toh meri saanson mein shaami

Kairav whispered after a few minutes hearing which Nayan just turned her face way as a tear rolled done her cheek! Seeing him near her yet so far broke her heart just as much, she too wanted to engulf herself in his arms and just stay there forever but then she could not forget what he did with her and that very fact stopped her from hugging him and pouring her heart there and then!

Kairav just kept looking at her with pained eyes till Naksh forcefully pulled him out of the room ordering the nurse to start the drip as he eyed the uneaten plate of food.