Our Bundle of Love

Suhana opened her drowsy eyes to the bright light coming from window. She tried to avoid light by turning her face from source of its disturbance. She wanted to sleep more. All her attempts went in vain.

She felt some movement beside her. She opened her eyes and looked at the small bundle of life wrapped in white cloth looking intently towards her through those so small eyes. Now she just couldn't go to sleep.

All her sleep vanished when she led her eyes on that small wonder which they both have created.

By taking help of mattress, she pushed herself little upwards, and by one hand adjusting pillow behind her back she made herself comfortable in sitting position on hospital bed.

A whimper left her mouth. Her body was still in pain. Brushing everything aside, she smiled softly feeling content knowing every pain was worth taking.

Taking tiny figure in her arms she hugged her close to her chest. She closed her eyes in pure bliss. Wait of 9 months was over finally.

She closed her eyes in pure contentment, a tear of happiness trickled down her close eyelid. It was so amazing feeling, of being a mother, holding the symbol of their love in her arms. Nothing in this world can be compared with this happiness.

She felt overwhelmed with so much emotions rising inside her heart by holding their baby in her arms.

Slowly composing herself, she opened her eyes and bending little placed an affectionate kiss on her baby's forehead.

Keeping 2 day old baby in her lap she observed her carefully. It's been two days to arrival of the new member in their life. But she hasn't got this much of time to be with her.

After her delivery baby was kept in incubator for a day, she only had seen his face before falling in slumber as medicine and tiredness took a toll on her. In morning when they brought baby she was sleeping again in hospital.

Now she is finally with her baby.

"Ayaan , Kairav and Suhana's Aarush" She mumbled to the baby boy.

And baby smiled as if understanding what his mother said.

"You liked your name? Don't you" She asked in babyish tone.

Baby smiled again.

"Aww my Shubh!"  She caressed her cheek tenderly.

"Why won't you like your name...It's your papa's choice...You know papa has chosen this name for his prince after long search. When he told me this name I was so touched you know?" She asked baby.

"But I ask him what if it's going to be prince? He said no he knows this time it's going to be his prince and even if it's prince then he has me to name him."

She was left to wonder how he was so sure. And she was happy to see the love of her life happy, for giving him this happiness.

She started studying her features one by one.

Everyone from her family told her that baby's features are similar to her. When she asked Kairav, he replied the same. What surprised her that he was so much happy while telling her that? She remembered all their fight when they used to have on who baby's features will resemble. How silly it was.

Something caught her attention while remembering it. His eyes, they are replica of his father's chocolate brown eyes, deep and loving, gateway to her soul.