The Conceiving Difficulty

A groggy Kairav tightened his hold on his wife as he felt her snuggling closer to him. Looking over his shoulder, he called out her name in an attempt to wake her from her deep slumber. When Suhana didn't heed to his attempts he decided to let her sleep in a bit. The past couple of weeks had been taking a toll on her. She had been extremely busy with balancing the household and her hospital and on top of everything they had been trying for a baby. The work stress was something she had an easy time handling but the constant negative tests had the opposite impact.

Initially they had expected the negative results and often teased each other that they had to work harder which led to many adventurous sessions. But over time, trying to conceive had become more of a monotonous chore and failure.  Kairav had a hard time seeing Khushi's dejected face after every pregnancy test and even decided that maybe they both needed to visit the doctor. Their results had come back perfectly normal but they had still not been able to become pregnant.

Sensing his wife wanted to turn around, Kairav loosened his hold on her. Adjusting a bit, Kairav reclaimed his grip on Khushi's waist and pulled her in for their daily good morning kiss.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look in the morning?"

"I don't know about you but my husband tells me every morning."

"Hmm I wonder what your husband would do if he found us like this."

"Simple. Say "What the" and then kill you!"

Laughing at his wife's assumption Kairav couldn't resist crushing her naked form to his and claiming her lips once again. After a couple of minutes, both pulled out of their heated kiss and looking into each other's eyes realized what was coming up.

"Should we?"

"Yeah."

Kairav watched his wife get up and look around for her robe. He could clearly see the anticipation on her face and hoped that she wouldn't take it too hard if they didn't receive the result they so desperately wanted. Leaning back against the headboard, Kairav reached out to grab his eager wife's hand.

"No matter what the result just remember that I love you okay? If not today, then it'll happen tomorrow or some other day." Discarding her robe, Suhanagot into bed and placed a kiss on her husband's lip and looked his in the eyes.

"How about we play cricket without trying to score a run?