A New Chapter in Life

They say that one moment can change everything about your life, the way you perceive it, the way you live it, the person you choose to live it with. It an endless fountain of choices, of battles, of sacrifices, and if your lucky even love. Suhana's world was just that, she always believed in the simplicity and monotonous approach to life just like her father had taught her, but who knew that her life would change in every possibly direction.

"But I don't want to meet you Kairav..that day when Aarav died everything ended. All because of you,I lost my love,Nayan lost her brother and Dadi lost her beloved grandson"said Suhana firmly.

"If you have lost your love, I too lost my twin..He was the other half of my soul. How can you forget this,Suhana?. I know you won't forgive me but you know what I have his heart..this heart belongs to him which loved you"replied Kairav taking longer time.

"What are you saying Kairav!??" asked Suhana unaware.

"Yes! I have heart which belonged to Aarav and after that accident it's now mine. I too was confused about it but I don't know how to say I feel exactly like Aarav used to feel for you" Kairav replied softly.

She started crying bitterly again. He cupped her face and brushed his thumbs below her eyes to wipe off those tears. She shut her eyes as he kissed her forehead giving her a gentle rub on cheeks. The world seemed dark to them as both gave in to the desires they were holding up inside them from long. He kissed her eyes, nose, cheeks and chin and she kept on holding hard to his shirt.

Distances between them faded as he sucked her lower lip sending shivers in her entire body. It had been 5 years they had kissed like that. She parted her lips to give in that control but he didnt deepen the kiss. He left her lips and licked her chin and trailed his tongue across her jaw. This was passionate. He never licked her that way anytime when they were together. Something had changed  in his way of making love too which she couldnt decipher so easily. She breathed hard and then moved her lips to his throat , kissing his skin at the Adam's apple.

Their bodies ached for each other and so did their hearts. Moving closer to the wall and pinning her there, he moved his hands upwards from her waist. She wasnt sure what she wanted from him but everything that was happening felt right and needed.

She wasn't going to lie to herself that she was heartbroken; she was. But she made peace with the fact that he was happy and moving on no matter how much it killed her. Eventually her family found out that she was alive, but under the most cruel circumstances.

The death of her fiance forced her to come face to face with the people that never truly accepted her. Her relationship hadn't changed much with them except for Nayan, she knew that Nayan had truly come to love her and cherish her like she never had been through her whole child hood. She had recreated an entire lifetime worth of harsh memories with a much more beautiful relationship.

In the beginning they knew that they could be no more than just friends, which is all that Suhana could possibly consent to. But Kairav never wanted to give up, he wanted to move heaven and earth just see her smile, just to see her laugh, just to see her move forward in life. He considered her his equal and brought her in his business as a partner, not for formalities sake but to really seek her advice. He wanted her to become an entrepreneur in her own right and stand in her father's position.

He wanted her to be so strong that she could fight her own battles. What he wanted most was for her to love him back, but at no cost to her. Kairav firmly believed in his values and kept at it, knowing that his selflessness was the only thing going to get him somewhere. His charisma never lowered and even when there were days he felt that she would never love him back, he just never gave up trying.

And it was his dedication and patience that pulled Suhana, not anything else to take the ultimate step and make their marital commitment with Kairav.

"I need some more time Kairav.. atleast wait for 6 months more" requested Suhana after deep silence.

Kairav just stared at her blank eyes and face, she didn't move and neither did he.

"I know you're hurt Suhana , I know now that you genuinely loved Aarav, but I love you too and I promise that no harm will come to you."

She turned to look away but pulling her Saree palla down to the floor she stood with her back exposed to him.

"Take what ever you want, I need to go to sleep because unlike you I have a lot of real work to get back to."

And Kairav just stood there dumbfounded as ever, knowing well that Suhana just didn't want to feel anything anymore.

Her eyes were wide open..it looked as if the eyelids refused to shut'...those eyes seemed to be searching around for someone constantly'..perhaps a hope to see someone familiar '..someone who cares for her'..

When her eyes failed to see anyone, it sported a disappointed look'..A lone tear appearing at the end of her almost dead eyes'..The eyes which always sparkled and twinkled with joy and mischief lacked that glow and glint today'..

He felt a poke in his heart seeing that sight'..somewhere deep down, he had an urge to go to her and comfort her, console her saying that he was there for her.

He didn't know the reason but Kairav moved away from the door to her room when she tried to look in that direction''.He just glanced one last time at her through the window and walked out of the place'..

But those eyes, that look, her state never walked out of his mind'..it just clogged in his heart''.

Back in his room, he tried his best to forget that and sleep...

But sleep evaded him...he paced up and down the balcony and then dialed a number'.

"Minnie, I saw her today".

"Did she said yes!?"

"No,she need some more time..I agreed to her".

"Great to hear this from you..Maybe you will decide something".