| 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 |

Luigi's POV

Today mark's week four of me and Mario's treacherous quest to rescue Princess Peach from Bowser's clutches. We traveled from the Mushroom Kingdom to the outskirts of Bowser's castle.

Once again, the fate of the Mushroom Kingdom rested on both me and my brother's shoulders. I stared at the large size of the castle. I could feel my body begin to tremble at the thought of once again having to enter the castle.

I jumped when I felt a fist punch my arm. I looked down at my brother.

"Don't worry. We've done it before, and we can do it again." My brother said, full of confidence.

"I-I know, it's just- We barely made it out last time. Besides, what if Bowser is actually prepared for us this time?" I asked, my body still shaking.

"Then we'll just have to be prepared for what he has to throw at us. Besides, we have to do this. Who knows what that over-sized koopa could be doing to my princess in there."

"R-right." I said.

Mario could still see the clear worry on my face. He let out a small sigh.

"Alright, I was saving this for when we got inside but since you seem really tense, I suppose we could make use of them now." Mario said.

"Use of what?" I asked, looking over at him.

He grabbed the small bag he had around his back and placed it on the ground. He pulled two power-ups out of the bag.

"I thought we ran out of those back at the rock world!" I said.

"Well, I figured it would be best to make you believe that since this is where we're going to need them most." He said with a grin.

He reached into the bag and handed me an ice flower. He pulled out a propeller hat for himself.

"How come you get the propeller mushroom?" I complained.

"I gave you the ice one because you can hardly handle yourself in a fight." He said.

"So not true."

"Is so. Besides, this way when we enter you won't have to be as worried about getting attacked. You can freeze them on the spot."

"Well, alright."

"Remember, try not to use up all the flower's power in one go. We wanna make sure you have some ice when we face Bowser."

I nodded and followed behind Mario as we entered the castle. I felt my body temperature immediately increase as we entered the lava filled castle.

I could feel myself slowly walking closer to Mario, the further in we got. I'm not exactly sure why Mario chose to bring me over one of the toads to go and rescue Peach.

But I didn't want my brother to have to come here alone. It would be just him against all of Bowser's goons and then Bowser himself.

I'm just not sure how much I actually helped on these kinds of missions. But Mario always says "I couldn't have done this without you" So, maybe I was more helpful than I thought.

I continued to follow behind Mario. The castle was so large that I could hear our footsteps lightly echoing throughout the hall.

Our walking then stopped when we came to a large gap. We could see the path ahead continuing across the large pit of lava.

"Don't suppose you can jump that?" Mario asked.

"You're not serious!" I said with a frightened face causing my brother to laugh.