| 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 |

Bowser's POV

It's been some hours since Mario took his brother from the castle. I found myself watering the blue roses I gave Luigi for his birthday. It felt weird being in his room without him being in it. It felt like he was supposed to be here.

I couldn't believe that he was actually gone. Part of me felt stupid for letting myself get so emotionally attached to a guy who I knew would have to go away.

Why did it have to be so soon? Why couldn't I just have this one thing? Was it so wrong that I wanted him to be able to stay? The one person that fell in love with me just had to be related to my biggest rival.

Part of me felt like I should have put up more of a fight. Not that I would be guaranteed to win, as the record shows that Mario usually rules victorious in our past battle's. And even if I did, I'm pretty sure Luigi wouldn't be happy with me hurting his brother.

There just seemed like there was no way I could win. I wanted to respect Luigi's wishes and trust his judgment. He said he would figure it out. I just had to trust that he would do just that.

Still, I don't know how long he would actually be gone for. If he were to end up gone for a long period of time, he might just move on with his life and forget about me.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on the room door. I turned back to see the door open to Junior who was still wearing Luigi's hat.

"I thought I might find you in here." Junior said.

"Well, this room is all I have left of him." I sighed before sitting down on the bed.

Junior hopped up on the bed beside me.

"Dad?"

"Yes Junior?"

"That man that took Luigi away- Was that Luigi's brother?"

I gave him a small nod.

"I don't understand. Why won't he let Luigi stay?" He asked.

"I have a rough history with Luigi and his brother. Before Luigi came here, he and his brother were the sworn protectors of the Mushroom Kingdom and I was its biggest threat." I admitted.

Junior pondered to himself before speaking.

"I don't understand? Are you saying you were the bad guy dad?"

I gave him a look before letting out a heavy sigh. While I didn't want Junior's perspective of me to change, I didn't want to lie to him about my past actions.

"Yes. I was the problem. I kept kidnapping the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom and had been trying to get her to marry me. It's not something I'm particularly proud of but, it's true." I frowned.

"So, why did you keep kidnapping the princess?" Junior asked.

"Well, in simple terms, I used to think having her here would somehow fix all the problems I had going on in my Kingdom. There's a little bit more to it than that but I think that's the best that I can explain it to you."

"Oh."

"Every time I took the princess, Luigi and his brother and I would duke it out until one of us lost. I was usually on the losing end of these battles."

"You and Luigi used to fight?" Junior blinked, seeming surprised.

"Uh.... Yeah. He, along with his brother, would interfere with my old plans."

"Wow. I can hardly imagine you two fighting each other. He looks so small compared to you."

"Well he's a bit stronger than he looks, and is a good bit faster than his brother. But he knows his limits, which is probably why he didn't bother putting up a fight against me when he was left here without his brother."