| 𝐀 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥 |

Luigi's POV

I continued following behind Junior. We hid behind one of the many giant statues in the castle, silently waiting for a couple of guards to pass by.

"I thought you said there wouldn't be any guards!" I whisper shouted.

"I said the guards ease up at 12." He corrected me.

"You know, it's never too late to turn back."

"And miss out on this one time opportunity? No way. Besides, I knocked a guard out just to get into your room. There's no turning back now."

We watched as the guards made their way into a different part of the castle.

"They shouldn't be back for a while. Come on!" He said, once again tugging onto my arm forcing me to follow behind him.

I'm not sure what's worse: The fact that I agreed to this, or the fact that this 5 year old kid is braver than me. Our running came to a stop when we saw a large blue door.

There was a skeleton koopa guarding the door. Before I could ask if Junior had a plan, he was already digging into his backpack.

He pulled out a slingshot and a good size rock. He then fired, launching the rock directly into the skeleton turtle's head, causing him to fall apart.

"Junior!"

"What?"

"Y-you just killed a koopa!"

"Relax, he's undead. He'll wake up and put himself back together in an hour or so. Now quit being such a worry wart and let's go." He said, running toward the door.

I followed behind him, moving the unconscious koopas parts away from the door. He then handed me the keys.

"Well, do your stuff tall guy." He said, handing me the pair of keys.

I tried every key until one of the keys fit and the door began to open. We quickly dashed in, locking the door behind us.

"Nice work." He said, before tugging on my arm, once again forcing me to follow him.

The room we entered was quite big and full of what I could only assume to be rare treasures.

"We must be in the treasure room." Junior mumbled."Ooo, look at these flowers."

My attention was drawn to the flowers he was examining. But they didn't look like any ordinary flowers. They looked identical to the fire flower power-up we got from Peach's castle.

"How are these here?"

"Oh, my dad dedicates a part of the castle to growing them. Though they're usually used by the chef's for special occasions. They usually help cook large amounts of food faster. Though I think the last time the chefs used them was to celebrate my first birthday. We haven't had a party in 5 years since then. And we probably never will. I have hardly any memory of the party since I was a baby." Junior said lastly, his face frowning.

"Really?" I asked as he shook his head.

I stared at one of the many fire flowers. I began reaching for one, but before I could grab it, Junior whacked my leg.

"Whoa, we probably shouldn't take one of those! Those take at least 2 years to grow. " He said.

"I thought you said to stop being such a worry wart. Besides, it could come in handy and it doesn't look like he plans on using these anytime soon." I said.

"Alright, but just take one."

I snagged one and we proceeded to look around the room. We didn't find much that really interested us. After seeing all there was to see, we made our way toward the exit. I peaked out first to make sure no guards were in sight.