| 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐨𝐰𝐬𝐞𝐫 |

Luigi's POV

I spent the past few days adjusting to my new room. Even though I couldn't watch the troops from my new room, this window had an actual view of the outside which I haven't seen these past weeks.

It reminded me that I've been separated from my brother for a total of 3 weeks now. I could only hope that he made it back to the Mushroom Kingdom safely.

To get my mind off of things, I found myself spending the afternoon relocating my stuff from my old room into my new one.

I was being assisted by the General, along with two other koopa troops. After getting all my boxes onto the push cart, they begin pushing it towards my room.

Ever since Bowser announced me as his adviser, the troops no longer were required to carry their defenses around me.

The position came with its perks. The chef's would often allow me to have custom request breakfasts. My room would be cleaned almost every other day without me even asking. They would handle all of my laundry, and whenever I walked the halls, I was often greeted with friendly smiles from the henchmen. I was considered a highly respected person in the castle.

Of course I still had my responsibilities to take care of. Every week I had to help Bowser sort out his henchmen's work schedule. We wanted to make sure they had a perfect balance of work and free time. Bowser would also have me look over his future plans to get my opinion on them.

But aside from that, I hardly had much work so most of my time went to taking care of Junior. I usually had more free time than Bowser, but whenever Bowser did have free time the three of us would often hang out together.

I watched as the three troops pushed the cart into the room.

"I appreciate the assistance guys." I thanked.

"Anything for the King's adviser." One of the troops saluted.

"Would you like us to help unpack your boxes?" The other troop offered.

"I think I can handle it from here." I stated.

"Very well. Is there anything else we can do for you Sir Luigi?" The general asked.

"I believe that's everything for now."

"Understood. We'll be in the watchtower if you need anything else." He saluted before making his exit with the other troops.

I spent the rest of the afternoon organizing my closet's clothes. By the time evening came around, I flopped down on my bed, too exhausted to change out of the prince-like outfit I was wearing.

I found myself thinking of the day Bowser gave me this room. I couldn't help but think about the way he held my face that day. Or the way his heart was beating so fast next to me.

That was the first time I ever hugged him. Despite his rough exterior, he felt so gentle and soft in my arms.

I think it was safe to say that I've developed feelings for Bowser. He's become so sweet and gentle these past weeks. I found myself getting enjoyment out of the small things.

Whether it was us offering to hold the door for each other. Or us planning out his henchmen's schedules together. It felt like we were just growing closer each passing day.

Even though I enjoyed being close to Bowser, I felt like I was doing myself a disservice by holding onto my feelings for him. I honestly couldn't tell how Bowser felt about me.

He became so flustered whenever I got close to him. Sometimes holding his hand is enough to make him blush. But maybe I was just misreading the signs.

He said he's never had friends here in the Lava Kingdom so maybe my actions just made him flustered. I couldn't be too sure.