| 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 |

Luigi's POV

Just when I thought I could finally have some time to myself I heard another knock on my door. I saw that the doorknob was moving but the door wasn't opening.

I was a bit confused as to why whoever was trying to get in doesn't just use the key.

"Hello? Who's there?" I asked, cautiously approaching the door.

I grabbed the stool and held it as if it was some sort of weapon.

"Gr... What key goes into this door?" I heard a voice grumble.

The voice sounded much younger than any of the guards I encountered, and that certainly wasn't Bowser. It sounded like a kid's voice. A very young kid at that. I reluctantly put the stool down.

"Uh, did you say something?" I asked as I approached the door.

"Do you know what key goes in here?" The voice asked.

"Uh.." I grumbled, thinking to myself.

I distinctly remember Bowser pulling out a silver key to unlock the door.

"I-it was a silver key." I answered.

I took a few steps back as the door slowly crept open. I looked down to see a small koopa who shared a striking resemblance to Bowser.

"What kind of mad lad makes a silver key unlock a golden door knob?" The kid complained as he entered my room, shutting the door quietly behind him.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am Prince Bowser Jr. Though, everyone in the castle just calls me Junior." He answered."Mind if I hide out here for a while?"

"Uh, sure. Make yourself at home." I answered, flopping down on my bed picking up my tray of fries.

"Hey, is that mac n cheese yours?" He asked, pointing at the dinner I didn't eat last night.

"Uh, yeah... but it was out all night and probably cold." I stated.

"Eh, I have a strong immune system." He shrugged before blowing a tiny flame over his food, reheating it.

He then flopped down on my bed.

"You know, you seem too nice to be a prisoner in my fathers castle. What's he got you here for?" He asked.

"Me and my brother broke-in looking for a friend of ours."

"Oh."

"And what has you hiding out in my room?" I asked.

"My dad has some jerks looking for me. I'm supposed to be grounded for the last prank I pulled on the general."

"I see. So, how did you-"

"Get dads keys? After I snuck out my room, I heard him yelling. Your room isn't too far from mine. After I heard him storm off, I went to see who the new prisoner moving in near my room was. That's where I found his keys lying on the ground. I knew if I gave them back, he'd probably get mad at me for sneaking out again. So I figured I'd see who the new guy is." He smiled as he stuffed a spoonful of mac n cheese in his mouth. "Best part is, one of these keys unlocks the dining hall downstairs."

This kid seemed pretty tamed considering who his father was. He seemed more mischievous than evil.

"You know, you're the first prisoner here who's ever talked to me. And less scary looking too." He said, getting a small laugh out of me.

"So, why do you go around talking to prisoners and pulling pranks? Don't you have friends and your dad?"

"My dad never lets me travel to the other kingdoms, so I can never meet anyone my age. And my dad is far too busy with his royal duties to ever make time for me. The only time he talks to me is if I'm sick, or if I get reported by the guards." He said letting out a sigh.