| 𝐀𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 |

Luigi's POV

Today was the day we'd begin putting my plan in action. I was still surprised that Bowser actually agreed to my plan. It's hard to believe that I went from being a prisoner to the king's advisor.

I got ready for the day, then proceeded to head out of my room.

I had a couple of Bowser's troops escort me to Bowser's throne room. Some of the guards even started to get used to escorting me everywhere and eased up a bit around me.

When I got there, I saw Bowser sitting on his throne as usual. His eyes immediately met mine. I waved while walking towards him. He cracked a small smile, giving me a welcoming nod.

"How did you sleep?" He asked me as I sat beside him.

"Pretty well. You?"

"Better than I expected."

"That's good to hear." I smiled at him.

"Before I fell asleep, I was thinking about you and what we talked about last night. It put my mind at ease." He said, a soft smile spreading across his face."Do you really think all this is gonna work?"

"I have hope"

"That reminds me, I have a task for you. It's rather light."

"Uh, alright. What did you need me to do?"

"When we gather all the troops here for the announcement, I want you to be the one to deliver them the big news."

His request took me by surprise.

"M-me? But, we've been preparing this moment for you."

"Well, I want to share this moment with you. Besides, I want everyone to know that you are now my adviser. I see no more perfect time than this afternoon."

" I'm not sure if I can do that. I'm not a good public speaker. What if I mess up?"

"You'll be fine. I have faith in my adviser." He nudged me with a wink.

His playful gesture brought a small smile to my face for a brief moment.

"Hey, it's okay if you can't do it." He placed a hand on my shoulder to comfort my unease feeling.

"N-no, I can do it."

"Alright. I'll be with you the whole way."

"Thanks. That helps." I said, smiling up at him.

"You're welcome." He said, standing up from his seat."We have about an hour until we announce the big news. We should start getting ready. Come with me."

I nodded and stepped up from my seat. He took hold of my hand as we made our way out of the throne room.

It was interesting to see Bowser trying to be a bit nicer. So far he hasn't had any outburst so that's a good sign.

I was taken to a part of the castle that I had never seen before. We stopped when we came across two large golden doors with two koopa troops guarding them.

They immediately stepped aside when Bowser approached the door. He opened the doors and ushered me inside.

The room had a beautiful red carpet and a large window. There was a huge closet along with his fancy bed. I couldn't help but stare in awe.

"Is this your room?"I asked.

"Mhm." He nodded.

"It's beautiful."

I noticed a fancy outfit that was folded on his bed. He proceeded to grab the clothes and hand them to me.

"I had one of my seamsters put this together for you. I want you to look your best."