| 𝐀 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 |

Bowser's POV

I was in my room with Junior helping him put together a jigsaw puzzle. Ever since the dance, my troops have been well at work and been getting things done faster around the castle. They seemed a lot less tense and happier.

Luigi's plan worked and I actually had time to hang out with my son. Whenever I was busy, Junior would spend most of the day with Luigi. Even though my relationship with my son has gotten better these past few days, I could still tell that he was more comfortable with Luigi.

It was pretty understandable though since not only did Luigi have more time to spend with Junior, he was very patient and understanding.

"DAD!" Junior shouted, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, yes Junior?" I said blinking.

"You're holding the last piece." He said, pointing to the puzzle piece in my hand.

"Oh." I awkwardly chuckled, placing the final piece down.

"I can't wait to show Luigi the completed thing. I'll be right back. I gotta get my camera from my room." He said, hopping off the carpet.

After he ran out, I got up from the carpet and flopped down on my bed. I picked up a small framed picture that was sitting on top of the drawer.

I felt my insides warm as I stared at the picture of me and Luigi together in the ballroom. I wish I could relive that wondrous night. I can't help but smile remembering the way we held onto each other as we danced.

He's only been here a few weeks and I already felt so attached to him. Thinking about last week's dance made me get these unfamiliar feelings that I never had before. They weren't bad or anything. In fact, they were kind of good.

Every night before I went to sleep I couldn't help but think of the afternoon me, Junior, and Luigi spent baking together.

My mind would always go back to the moment the three of us were laughing in the halls covered in icing. The two of them have had me thinking a lot this past week about the person I want to be.

The two of them made me happy. I always got this comforting sense of wholeness whenever the three of us were together. They make me want to be the very best I can be.

I wanted to be the father Junior deserved. And while I did miss out on a lot of his growth, there was still a lot to look forward to in raising him. It was like Luigi said: What mattered is that I was working on being here for him now.

Ever since I've gotten closer to Luigi, I've been viewing everything with a different lens. He's changed a lot about me these past weeks.

It's thanks to him that I've actually gotten the chance to start building a relationship with my son.

It feels like he brought out a part of me I didn't even know I had. He took out time to understand me. I just want to be around him more.

I felt a sudden flop on my bed. I looked over to see Junior, who I didn't even hear re-enter the room looking at the picture.

"Is that the picture from the dance again?"

"Uh, yes it is." I said smiling down at the picture.

"You look at that picture a lot dad."

"D-do I?"

"Yeah. Every time I come in here, you're staring at that picture." He pouted.

I simply shrugged, and continued looking at the picture. Junior suddenly let out an unexpected loud gasp.